Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva direct insurance

Options
  • 20-06-2018 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Just wondering if anyone else had a problem with getting renewal car insurance and home insurance from Aviav direct insurance, my car and home insurance lapsed and I did not get a renewal quote for either, not sure if it's because I had a small claim from my car insurnace (€2500), and now it's been over a month and I can get my car insured, they say that the details are with the underwriters and I just have to wait, I even send a complaint to their complaints department and they haven't even gotten back to me either, is there a legal route I can take with this case, any help would be grateful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

defjam008 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else had a problem with getting renewal car insurance and home insurance from Aviav direct insurance, my car and home insurance lapsed and I did not get a renewal quote for either, not sure if it's because I had a small claim from my car insurnace (€2500), and now it's been over a month and I can get my car insured, they say that the details are with the underwriters and I just have to wait, I even send a complaint to their complaints department and they haven't even gotten back to me either, is there a legal route I can take with this case, any help would be grateful

Did you receive any renewal quote at all? It should have been sent out 3 weeks before the renewal date regardless of any claims on your policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moving the Motor Insurance forum, they should be able to help there

• Registered Users Posts: 7 defjam008

Cows Go µ wrote: »
    Did you receive any renewal quote at all? It should have been sent out 3 weeks before the renewal date regardless of any claims on your policy.

No I didn't receive a renewal car insurance or home insurance quote and both lapsed and I'm chasing them to get my car insured but it feels like I'm talking to a brick wall, Aviva direct insurnace worst insurance company ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Not sure when your complaint was submitted but there are rule in the Consumer Protection Code around response times.

If you are not satisfied with time it is taking for a response or with the response itself you can contact the Financial Ombudsman.

They will not intervene however until Aviva have presented their final response to you.

If the firm you are dealing with is regulated by the Central Bank, they must:
    • Acknowledge receipt of your complaint in writing within 5 business days and give you the name of the person you should contact about it
    • Let you know within 20 business days how your complaint is progressing
    • Make a decision on your complaint within 40 business days.
    • If they cannot make a decision, they must let you know how much longer it will take and let you know of your right to refer the matter to the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman.
    • They must also give you the contact details of the ombudsman.

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/how-to-complain/complaints-about-financial-services-providers/

https://www.fspo.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 defjam008

thebiglad wrote: »
    Not sure when your complaint was submitted but there are rule in the Consumer Protection Code around response times.

If you are not satisfied with time it is taking for a response or with the response itself you can contact the Financial Ombudsman.

They will not intervene however until Aviva have presented their final response to you.

If the firm you are dealing with is regulated by the Central Bank, they must:
    • Acknowledge receipt of your complaint in writing within 5 business days and give you the name of the person you should contact about it
    • Let you know within 20 business days how your complaint is progressing
    • Make a decision on your complaint within 40 business days.
    • If they cannot make a decision, they must let you know how much longer it will take and let you know of your right to refer the matter to the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman.
    • They must also give you the contact details of the ombudsman.

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/how-to-complain/complaints-about-financial-services-providers/

https://www.fspo.ie/

@thebiglad thank you very much for your help, I'll look into this and hope I get it sorted soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Ardrageen

I did not receive a renewal quote in 2017 from Aviva. I didn't spot it in time so the car was uninsured for a few days but I was on holidays so it was not being driven. When I finally spotted that it was out of date I rang Aviva straight away. They insisted that they would have sent me a renewal letter. They also told me that I had to sign a renewal straight away or I would be in big trouble. I did think at the time was the whole thing a new sales technique to stop me shopping around by putting the pressure on.

I have not heard of it happening to anyone else so I found it interesting that you had a similar experience defjam008.

Advertisement