Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Vs. Chemical Engineering

Options
  • 20-06-2018 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi so I've done a year of chemical engineering in CIT, an offer was given to me to transfer to second year Civil engineering. Anyone who has done this course have any advice?

So my main worry is that I haven't done the mechanics I AND II and intro to civil engineering modules. So I am not familiar with static equilibrium problems, shear force and things like that. Also if there was any computer programmes introduced in first year, I'd be lost.

Any advice? Am I screwed or am I grand? Is it re-capped in second year? I could go back to chemical in CIT the only thing was I didn't like it.

****Also on the lookout for student accommodation if anyone has a spare room going hit me up***

Advertisement