Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unemployment grant

Options
  • 20-06-2018 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

hi i have been looking to do a forklift training course and applied for a social welfare grant and haven't heard anything back and its been over a month im just wondering if anyone else here has experience with the social welfare in getting them to pay for a forklift training course and how long it takes to process an application.I actual made the the suggestion to my case officer of me paying 250 myself and the social welfare paying the other half which he said is fine and was decided i would do. I have been thinking of just paying it fully now as i have heard nothing back about my application and i really feel it would help me find work. its around 500 euro and that a lot of money for my self to pay if it takes any longer i might have to do so

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

jettamk6 wrote: »
    hi i have been looking to do a forklift training course and applied for a social welfare grant and haven't heard anything back and its been over a month im just wondering if anyone else here has experience with the social welfare in getting them to pay for a forklift training course and how long it takes to process an application.I actual made the the suggestion to my case officer of me paying 250 myself and the social welfare paying the other half which he said is fine and was decided i would do. I have been thinking of just paying it fully now as i have heard nothing back about my application and i really feel it would help me find work. its around 500 euro and that a lot of money for my self to pay if it takes any longer i might have to do so

Its a lot to pay yourself, but in my experience you could be waiting months for the SW to fund it. Also you'll be lucky to get a 10er an hour these days for forklift driving, which is daylight robbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jettamk6

thanks but im desperate for work thats still better than job seekers im only on 100 quid a week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

thanks but im desperate for work thats still better than job seekers im only on 100 quid a week

Whereabouts are you living?

thebull85 wrote: »
    Whereabouts are you living?

living with the rents

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Go back down and ask them
    Say you can have a promise of a job of you have one - and see if you can actually get a promose of a job of you have one first!!

• Advertisement

Go back down and ask them
    Say you can have a promise of a job of you have one - and see if you can actually get a promose of a job of you have one first!!

i have and ive emailed them and heared nothing back. I applied trough Dublin north west area partnership who the social welfare sent me to as they dont have enough case officers and they refer me to them again if i go into them directly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

i have and ive emailed them and heared nothing back. I applied trough Dublin north west area partnership who the social welfare sent me to as they dont have enough case officers and they refer me to them again if i go into them directly

How can they sit in front of you at a meeting and say 'nothing'. They -even as SW officers - must have said something to your face other than hello and goodbye?

How can they sit in front of you at a meeting and say 'nothing'. They -even as SW officers - must have said something to your face other than hello and goodbye?

no the people behind the desk in the social welfare just process your claims usually they will just tell you to book a meeting with a case officer which they hardly have any which is why they have third parties now deal with the unemployed

Advertisement