Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oppo Find X coming to Europe, does that include Ireland?

Options
  • 20-06-2018 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Like it or not, the bezel and notch-less era is upon us! \o/

It seems like the first brand that offered a truly bezel and notch free device, the Vivo Nex S, isn't coming to Europe. But there is now a second one with a quite interesting design, Oppo Find X. Oppo has announced it will be launching in Europe but not specified which countries. Does anyone know if Ireland is included?

The phone is rather unique in design as it really has an all-glass front and back. There are no visible cameras on either side! They've managed this by making it a "slider" phone, that reveals the cameras on the front and back with a small sliding motion. The front is all display, with a tiny lip on the bottom but no notch on the top. A couple of downsides with the design is that it lacks a fingerprint reader and there's no headphone jack. It does however look quite fabulous thanks to the hidden cameras:

https://www.oppo.com/en/smartphone-find_x

sec-5-phone-7a0352172b6027ae9049c49daf5cd63954f0403e.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭xtal191

That sliding camera looks absolutely terrible imo, wouldn't be surprised if it broke easily too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Does anyone know if Ireland is included?

Oppo have always been available through UK/Dutch fulfillment centres. It won't be sold by networks.

Anyways......

giphy.gif

Got the Find 7 shortly after release, VOOC was awesome and I've been waiting for a Find 8 ever since but Oppo decided to target the middle tier market which make sense financially. Their "Selfie Phones" sold super well with Malaysian women, they made bank.

Now we've finally got a high spec from them again. Buuuuuut. And its a biggie. F7 QHD was €450. Apparently this will be €999.
    F U C K
    R I G H T
    O F F

• Registered Users Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »
    Oppo Find X + Lamborgini Edition

Gsmarena specs comparison for both editions.

Given the storage on the device, I would say this is going to be expensive.

Video features: -
    Moving parts in a phone can not be good, plus how would you put a case on it?

Create a link from that post to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duckofdeath

ED E wrote: »
    Oppo have always been available through UK/Dutch fulfillment centres. It won't be sold by networks.

Now we've finally got a high spec from them again. Buuuuuut. And its a biggie. F7 QHD was €450. Apparently this will be €999.

It's apparently already confirmed to be sold by networks in France, Netherlands, Spain and Italy. Online stores like Expansys (maybe a bad example as I think that one has shut down in the EU :) ) will always sell these "hard to get" phones, at a massive cost. Which is why I was hoping someone would know if any of the Irish networks are considering selling it with contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It's apparently already confirmed to be sold by networks in France, Netherlands, Spain and Italy. Online stores like Expansys (maybe a bad example as I think that one has shut down in the EU :) ) will always sell these "hard to get" phones, at a massive cost. Which is why I was hoping someone would know if any of the Irish networks are considering selling it with contracts.

If you need a contract to buy the phone its probably a sign of poor budgeting. Buying SIM free is a no brainer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duckofdeath

If you need a contract to buy the phone its probably a sign of poor budgeting. Buying SIM free is a no brainer.

There are plenty of reasons to have a contract. Not going to waste my time on a useless discussion like that here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Was cheaper to get an S7 on contract, and looks like it may be cheaper again to get S9+ on contract with a deal Vodafone are currently running.

Advertisement