Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toilet flush - cistern filling slowly

Options
  • 20-06-2018 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭

One of the loos in my house, the cistern fills very slowly. I assume I need to replace a valve or the flush mechanism but can't identify the part I need. Can anyone recognise it from the pictures?

cistern2.jpgcistern1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

I've the same problem and replaced that washer but it continues and have been just living with it any other solutions to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

tnegun wrote: »
    I've the same problem and replaced that washer but it continues and have been just living with it any other solutions to this?

apparently (according to another YT vid) there's a filter at the bottom of the valve assembly that can get clogged up with gunk (and if your cistern is fed from an attic tank you probably don't need anyway):

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Don't think that's it when the I removed the washer and turned the water back on to test pressure its fine and would fill in seconds. Think I'll have to remove the lot clean it and reassemble and see if that sorts it.

Advertisement