Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festoon lighting question

Options
  • 20-06-2018 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi there. Ok we have lost the transformer for our lights for out outdoor garden party lights!
    Anyone have any recommendations on how to get these working without these.
    I would be confident enough on making connections, wire splitting etc.
    Just to get these going....party tomorrow! Not enough time to order the original one again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

You basically need a power supply which gives out put of 12v 1amp - I presume you will do the hacking yourself, i.e. make the connection between the op of power supply and input of lamp chain.
    Im sitting amongst loads of them here at work....
    Cant think off the top of my head of any household item that will have that profile...Phone chargers etc will all be 5v

If you are near a Maplin/radionics/farnell you will prob get one there... Getting late now though

Power city/PC world/harvey norman might have them either.

Actually: this will prob get you through ...
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9829701/Trail/searchtext%3EADAPTOR.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭irelandhouse

Thanks for the reply.
    So basically the universal adaptor there set at 12v would connect into it. Wire connector probably best to give it the power and just make sure the amp is at least 1?

Thanks for that

jmBuildExt wrote: »
    You basically need a power supply which gives out put of 12v 1amp - I presume you will do the hacking yourself, i.e. make the connection between the op of power supply and input of lamp chain.
    Im sitting amongst loads of them here at work....
    Cant think off the top of my head of any household item that will have that profile...Phone chargers etc will all be 5v

If you are near a Maplin/radionics/farnell you will prob get one there... Getting late now though

Power city/PC world/harvey norman might have them either.

Actually: this will prob get you through ...
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9829701/Trail/searchtext%3EADAPTOR.htm

Advertisement