Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"card unknown" leap cards and tagging off

Options
  • 19-06-2018 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭

The tag off scanner at Clonsilla station on the Maynooth bound side often doesn't recognize leap cards when attempting to tag off. Usually, I then try the one on the city bound side and that will then work. Today, the gate was locked on that side so I couldn't access that card reader and I tgen tried to tag off from inside the station but it tagged me on again. When I said it to the desk clerk, he opened the gates from his desk to allow me to tag off but then it said "just validated". Does this mean I've now spent 9 euro , two maximum journey fares, on a fare that should have cost less than 3 euro (I boarded at Drumcondra) because I was unable to tag off? The IE staff member just shrugged his shoulders behind the glass screen when I asked what can I do? This isn't the first time this has happened either. Should I raise with IE?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Just validated means the card was tagged on or off in the previous two minutes.

You can only tag on or off after 2 minutes from the previous tag on/off on Irish Rail.

Sounds like an issue with the other reader for the card unknown problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

ongarboy wrote: »
    The tag off scanner at Clonsilla station on the Maynooth bound side often doesn't recognize leap cards when attempting to tag off. Usually, I then try the one on the city bound side and that will then work. Today, the gate was locked on that side so I couldn't access that card reader and I tgen tried to tag off from inside the station but it tagged me on again. When I said it to the desk clerk, he opened the gates from his desk to allow me to tag off but then it said "just validated". Does this mean I've now spent 9 euro , two maximum journey fares, on a fare that should have cost less than 3 euro (I boarded at Drumcondra) because I was unable to tag off? The IE staff member just shrugged his shoulders behind the glass screen when I asked what can I do? This isn't the first time this has happened either. Should I raise with IE?

Ring the number on the back of your card.

Advertisement