Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Degiro- transferred funds from wrong bank account.

• 19-06-2018 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭ Mav11

Hi as the title says I transferred funds to my degiro account from the wrong bank account. I sent them an email, anybody know what happens next or how long it takes?

Thanks Mav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PenguinEggs

I did the same with my first transfer of funds into DeGiro. I gave them a call and the money was transferred back to my account in a couple of days. It took about a 4-5 days for the money to show up in DeGiro when I transferred from the correct account. I've only just done my second transfer today so I can't tell you how long it'll usually take. I'll post here when it's shows up in DeGiro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭ Mav11

I did the same with my first transfer of funds into DeGiro. I gave them a call and the money was transferred back to my account in a couple of days. It took about a 4-5 days for the money to show up in DeGiro when I transferred from the correct account. I've only just done my second transfer today so I can't tell you how long it'll usually take. I'll post here when it's shows up in DeGiro
    Thanks PE. I'll let you know how this sorts itself out as well.
    Mav

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PenguinEggs

Mav11 wrote: »
    Thanks PE. I'll let you know how this sorts itself out as well.
    Mav
    That transfer showed up on my degiro account this morning. Not to shabby

That transfer showed up on my degiro account this morning. Not to shabby

Still working on mine. Say it will be another 2 working days before it is posted to the account. Happy enough with the customer service, considering it was my fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭ jusmeig

How did this story end....just did the same things.....doh!

• Advertisement

That's an old post. It worked out fine, as far as I can remember the 2nd account is now also a recognised account by Degiro, to transfer funds from.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,790 ✭✭✭✭ Atlantic Dawn

I did this a few months back and the money was transferred back to the account about 3-4 working days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭ Cilar

It bounces back to the account automatically

Advertisement