Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job share year 1/ Parental leave year 2 - entitled to CID?

Options
  • 18-06-2018 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Have just completed a job share position in an ETB school.None of my own hrs - remaining hours were made up of some subbing maternity. Got on fantastic with students and staff.A full year parental leave in same school is available for next year.If I were to accept parental leave would I qualify for CID in my third year in? Also are you entitled to any holiday pay at all covering parental leave? Have been offered my own full hours in another school which is a voluntary school a little bit closer to my home area but am so afraid somebody new could be put into position after one year as it happened to me two years ago . Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

A full yr parental leave sounds extremely unusual
    I thought parental leave is 16 weeks (open to correction)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

A full yr parental leave sounds extremely unusual
    I thought parental leave is 16 weeks (open to correction)

18 weeks per child ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

As far as I know, someone taking parental keave would comeback for last week before each holiday so you wouldn't get paid at all for holidays.
    Also I don't think you would get CID.
    The other job sounds a lot more promising , even though it's easier to stick with the familiar, the other makes more sense.

As far as I know, someone taking parental keave would comeback for last week before each holiday so you wouldn't get paid at all for holidays.
    Also I don't think you would get CID.
    The other job sounds a lot more promising , even though it's easier to stick with the familiar, the other makes more sense.

(For the teacher taking parental leave)
    You don’t even need to come back before each holiday to get paid while on parental leave. The way it works is that you take it in blocks of 7 days so you don’t pick holidays as part of your 7 day blocks....you are back on payroll so get paid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Millem wrote: »
    18 weeks per child ;)

Since 8 March 2013 the amount of parental leave available for each child amounts to a total of 18 working weeks per child. Where an employee has more than one child, parental leave is limited to 18 weeks in a 12-month period. This can be longer if the employer agrees. Parents of twins or triplets can take more than 18 weeks of parental leave in a year.

The 18 weeks per child may be taken in one continuous period or in 2 separate blocks of a minimum of 6 weeks. There must be a gap of at least 10 weeks between the 2 periods of parental leave

Above from citizens info. Asti info doesn't differ much

Don't think the teacher in question can take more than 18 weeks unless they're using it for a multiple birth scenario?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Lots of BOMs are happy to grant more than 18 weeks in a year. It makes it easier to get a sub.

Lots of BOMs are happy to grant more than 18 weeks in a year. It makes it easier to get a sub.

Yes in my school people have taken off a year or two depending on how many kids they have ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Maybe the principal has told the OP that it's for parental leave but the teacher has actually taken a career break for the year.

Either way OP, consider the job on your own hours in the other school.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Millem wrote: »
    18 weeks per child ;)

Since 8 March 2013 the amount of parental leave available for each child amounts to a total of 18 working weeks per child. Where an employee has more than one child, parental leave is limited to 18 weeks in a 12-month period. This can be longer if the employer agrees. Parents of twins or triplets can take more than 18 weeks of parental leave in a year.

The 18 weeks per child may be taken in one continuous period or in 2 separate blocks of a minimum of 6 weeks. There must be a gap of at least 10 weeks between the 2 periods of parental leave

Above from citizens info. Asti info doesn't differ much

Don't think the teacher in question can take more than 18 weeks unless they're using it for a multiple birth scenario?
    They can if BoM allows or they or if they have 3 kids and husband/wife in school 18+14 +2=34

Advertisement