Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard wired motion night lights

Options
  • 18-06-2018 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

I was on holidays a while back in Switzerland, in the hotel bathroom they had a motion activated light down by the skirting. It was really handy at night. Anyone know anything like it for sale in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'm not a sparks so can't tell you where to get them but I have seen them in homes in Dublin

Maybe phone your local electrical wholesalers and ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭EletricMan

....... wrote: »
    I have ones that are rechargeable around the place. So they are not wired into anything, you fix them to the wall or skirting with a magnetic strip that they come with.

Cheers, I'm hoping to get something that's flush that can be chased into the walls or cut into the skirting. All I have done in a bit of looking on Google, I will have to call into my local electrical supple store and check out if they can offer something like I'm looking for.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Obviously the motion detector and the light can be separate unit (probably better that way too). So you could have a flush fitting wall light (see link below) connected to a ceiling mounted PIR.

https://www.lightingsuperstore.com.au/product/215/small-led-square-silver-stair/-wall-light/7619

Advertisement