Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evangelicalism is the new Catholicism?

Options
  • 18-06-2018 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭

I was very much struck by this story on breaking news and I had to keep checking if these really were Catholic Bishops talking..

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/two-irish-bishops-reflect-on-future-of-catholic-church-in-separate-homilies-849471.html

"new models of ministry"
    "building communities of conscious faith"
    "conversion to the living Word of God"
    "a living presence, a faith and life-filled leaven in society, rather than a political power"
    "closer to being the kind of Church Jesus wants us to be"
    "Jesus said: ‘I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance'"
    "You are the new evangelists"
    "For the first time in my life we have had a nationwide mission of evangelisation"

And not a single mention of Mary!

somebody pinch me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

homer911 wrote: »
    I was very much struck by this story on breaking news and I had to keep checking if these really were Catholic Bishops talking..

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/two-irish-bishops-reflect-on-future-of-catholic-church-in-separate-homilies-849471.html

"new models of ministry"
    "building communities of conscious faith"
    "conversion to the living Word of God"
    "a living presence, a faith and life-filled leaven in society, rather than a political power"
    "closer to being the kind of Church Jesus wants us to be"
    "Jesus said: ‘I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance'"
    "You are the new evangelists"
    "For the first time in my life we have had a nationwide mission of evangelisation"

And not a single mention of Mary!

somebody pinch me!

I don't mean it in a derogatory way but all of these spots can be interpreted through the same leopard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

The usual failed Conciliar faux-Protestant junk. If someone wants Protestantism, those deeply useless men are not a likely source. Bishop Reilly looks happy with himself, but no sensible person would trust them to change a lightbulb, let alone proclaim the Faith. Those bishops like the rest of them should resign en masse and hide out of shame for how badly they failed their flock in the most recent Referendum and earlier. Something genuine, unlike the recent PR exercise in Chile, where the usual habit of insult of both doubters and victims and brazening out couldn't work with a protege as patently soiled as Juan Barros. On the Vigil of the Nativity of St John, we must pray that like St John the Baptist, Precursor of Christ that the Church will have a voice that cries in the wilderness to 'Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the wilderness the paths of our God.'

Advertisement