Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost new heating system

Options
  • 17-06-2018 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello,

Does anyone have any idea how much a new heating system cost for a home?

I would need a completely new system as there is an old electric system in the house at present. Also I would need 7 radiators and there is a gas connection nearby. Would anyone be able to give me a rough guide to prices?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Ballpark 4-5000. Obviously more if there is issues like you wanting a boiler down in the shed or if you want to still have your fire heating the water or solar panels and pressurized hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Nobody here can give you an accurate assessment as there are too many possible variables,
    e.g. New boiler location in relation to gas meter and new gas pipework run.
    New radiators pipework, will it be under floorboards or do concrete floors need chasing.
    Most likely you will need a new indirect cylinder, or are you going for a combi gas boiler installation.
    Get a some solid recommendations for installers and get at least three quotations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 123Katie

Thank your for your advice. Yes I would need new radiator pipe work as the old system is all old electric. It would be under the floor boards upstairs and down stairs has concrete flooring. What would you advise a new indirect cylinder or a combi gas boiler? The neighbours have gas so Im hoping the line will be near enough to bring in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Combi Boiler Vs Indirect Cylinder again depends on a few things, how many bathrooms, number of occupiers, typical hot water demand times.
    Will system be pressurised, location of tanks etc., the list goes on.
    It really comes down to your household requirements, space and budget.
    If you say what part of the country you are in you should be able to get some recommendations in your area to give you your best options.

Advertisement