Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Practice facility in South Dublin

Options
  • 17-06-2018 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

I need to put some practice time into my long irons hitting from ground as opposed to mats in a driving range. Can anyone suggest somewhere suitable in South Dublin. A driving range with a grass hitting area or even a big flat field or open area where golf is permitted would be perfect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

bmay529 wrote: »
    I need to put some practice time into my long irons hitting from ground as opposed to mats in a driving range. Can anyone suggest somewhere suitable in South Dublin. A driving range with a grass hitting area or even a big flat field or open area where golf is permitted would be perfect.
    Leapardstown Golf Centre has some grass bays. So does the Golf Academy at Dun Laoghaire GC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

First Up wrote:
    Leapardstown Golf Centre has some grass bays. So does the Golf Academy at Dun Laoghaire GC

Where are the grass bays in leopardstown?

Spawell also have a grass area OP

First Up wrote:

Where are the grass bays in leopardstown?

Spawell also have a grass area OP
    At the outdoor section on the extreme right.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

First Up wrote: »

I have not been to the Golf Academy at Dun Laoghaire GC work. Do you just drive up to the Academy above the clubhouse, purchase balls from a dispenser and then pick your own spot?

I have not been to the Golf Academy at Dun Laoghaire GC work. Do you just drive up to the Academy above the clubhouse, purchase balls from a dispenser and then pick your own spot?
    Yes that's it. €2 for 30 I think. You need to get the door code to get in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Yes that's it. €2 for 30 I think. You need to get the door code to get in.
    You also need to be a member or guest!

Could be. I've only used it when playing so I haven't tested that. But easy enough to get in and the range token machine is beside the bays.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

For free you can use the playing fields near Benildus school just off the drummartin link road.

For free you can use the playing fields near Benildus school just off the drummartin link road.
    If you don't mind walking out to collect the balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

Leopardstown golf centre does not have an open grass practice area for public use, only a small area for use by their pros when training

• Advertisement

Leopardstown golf centre does not have an open grass practice area for public use, only a small area for use by their pros when training
    I have regularly used the grass bays at the end of the range. I have never seen a sign saying not to, nor was I ever told to stop

Advertisement