Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transporting boiler

Options
  • 17-06-2018 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭

Whats the best way to transport a boiler ,is it ok to tip on its side rather then lift it upright in back of van, without causing damage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Is it still in the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Is it still in the box?

No, second hand.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    No, second hand.

I’d be wary of a second hand boiler bud.
    Just pick a flat metal side and lie it there. Preferable on its back if it’s a wall mounted unit and on its bottom if it’s a floor standing.

Will you know if the high limit stat has been removed? Has it still got a safety valve?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I’d be wary of a second hand boiler bud.
    Just pick a flat metal side and lie it there. Preferable on its back if it’s a wall mounted unit and on its bottom if it’s a floor standing.

My finances unfortunately wont give me the choice, its a outside cabin pack. boiler complete.

My finances unfortunately wont give me the choice, its a outside cabin pack. boiler complete.

I hope you don’t live next door to me so. Good luck in your endeavors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Just make sure to get a competent Oil Heating tech to commission it and to set up the burner correctly for you using a flue gas analyser, these are not plug and play items as some would like to think.

Advertisement