Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Arena closing front seating section. Why?

Options
  • 17-06-2018 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I had great seats (block D) for Madness on Jul 28th but have been told by ticketmaster that tier 1 will be closed for the gig and I can have other seats in tier 2/3 or standing for the gig. Went for seats as the missus is 5ft nothing but they have allocated poor seats at the side in block G. Raging. Does anyone know why tier 1 is closed? No one at 3 Arena or Ticketmaster can tell me why.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I had great seats (block D) for Madness on Jul 28th but have been told by ticketmaster that tier 1 will be closed for the gig and I can have other seats in tier 2/3 or standing for the gig. Went for seats as the missus is 5ft nothing but they have allocated poor seats at the side in block G. Raging. Does anyone know why tier 1 is closed? No one at 3 Arena or Ticketmaster can tell me why.

I would not accept that!
    Ridiculous behaviour, sounds like you got shafted in favour of some vips or guest list attendees. Closing block D is madness (no pun intended), unless of course there is some silly theatrics set up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Are they not the retractable seats that make way to create the standing area?

if it was always going to be a standing gig (which I'd imagine Madness would be) then those shouldn't have been put on sale I'd imagine.

Might just be a balls up / clerical error. if that's the case then IMO they've rectified their error by offering you an alternative which you accepted.. As far as I know thw equivalent seats in tier 2 are all Premium Club tickets so no hope of getting those.

** Disclaimer ** I Could be completely wrong !!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Oh so the event was initially sold with seating down to the floor and a minimal standing area.
    Great set up that for some gigs! However if they sold it that way and changed the seating plan later its absolutely their mess up and they should accommodate people with compensation. Been moved from block D to block G is pretty drastic. It's best seat to worst seat on that tier.

Advertisement