Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday

Options
  • 17-06-2018 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Persian Lion Cork 3.50 4/1.Ran an extraordinary race LTO at the Curragh at 66/1 ridden by a claimer so was clearly not fancied.Watch the race to appreciate his run.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Must have great chance, racing in 4.50 Cork, not 3.50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Mohawk looked a certain winner next time out on his debut

Very very green again. Prob needs step up in trip already

Moore has had a shocker there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

What a filly Lauren’s is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

Mgoraf wrote:
    Moore has had a shocker there

Was a strange ride alright, he's finding a lot of trouble in running these days!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Incredible that Ryan Moore has convinced the world he's the best jockey about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Otters nipples in the 3:30 at Epsom.

Stick a monkey on the nose to win a pony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Not sure whether Ryan Moore deliberately took Happily back from a prominent early position back into the pack where she got murdered behind a wall of horses only to make an awful lot of ground quickly into 4th but not in time to get into a winning position. It was a rough race but maybe Happily could have kept a better position, opinions?

tryfix wrote: »
    Not sure whether Ryan Moore deliberately took Happily back from a prominent early position back into the pack where she got murdered behind a wall of horses only to make an awful lot of ground quickly into 4th but not in time to get into a winning position. It was a rough race but maybe Happily could have kept a better position, opinions?

He got squeezed out of it by shanaza and another horse on his inside and he lost 2 places as a result of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

tryfix wrote:

I thought happily was in a great position but went backwards so quickly I thought she was being pulled up! Ryan must have been unhappy with something to let the horse drift back through the field so quick. It'll be interesting to hear what they have to say about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Nice to see a unfashionable combination come up trumps in a french classic. The filly is as honest as the come. But Moore? just wow, an absolute shocker, I'd say his days are numbered, and rightly so.

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Nice to see a unfashionable combination come up trumps in a french classic. The filly is as honest as the come. But Moore? just wow, an absolute shocker, I'd say his days are numbered, and rightly so.

I'm a harsh critic of his, but was it the horse herself or Moore that went backward today. I thought at the start that she was well up for making it up front which was surprising considering how she had run so far this season.

As for Moore, he's safe, he'll have a few winners at Ascot and all will be well again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

tryfix wrote: »
    I'm a harsh critic of his, but was it the horse herself or Moore that went backward today. I thought at the start that she was well up for making it up front which was surprising considering how she had run so far this season.

As for Moore, he's safe, he'll have a few winners at Ascot and all will be well again.

Looked like he didn't want to be prominent which was strange considering she has always looked like she'd wanted a trip. As for how safe he is?The convictions are mounting up. the coolmore mob can be ruthless.

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Looked like he didn't want to be prominent which was strange considering she has always looked like she'd wanted a trip. As for how safe he is?The convictions are mounting up. the coolmore mob can be ruthless.

Yep he didn't appear to want to ( or was told to by the trainer not to) be prominent, but considering all the shenanigans he ended up getting involved in his ride did cost her the race. She was beaten just 1/2L in 4th, with a steady straight line ride the horse would almost certainly have saved more than 1/2 L on how she ran today. I don't buy into the "she didn't stay" line either. She was never any nearer to the front than at the line.

Advertisement