Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summer holiday 2019

Options
  • 16-06-2018 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭

hi all
    im looking for some advice on our summer holiday for 2019. We are just back from albufeira so we don't wanna go back there again.
    we are looking for something that'll be within a 3 hour flight time, so i think that's mainland spain and the baleric islands.
    we want to go down the aparthotel route and self catering.
    A good kids club is a must and we'd like to be within a short walk of the beach.
    we'd like to go for 2 weeks. We are two adults and two kids, 4+6.
    budget is around 2k-2.5k
    If anyone has any recommendations it'd be greatly appreciated.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,150 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Would you consider a campsite?

Sounds like they would fit your criteria fairly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

NIMAN wrote: »
    Would you consider a campsite?

Sounds like they would fit your criteria fairly well.

yeah we were looking at: ://www.sangulisalou.com in salou but the "lodge" we were looking at booking are already sold out! that resort looks like it would have been perfect, a 5 min drive to portaventura, 10 min walk to the beach 5 min walk to salou all the amenities on site. ah well.
    do you know of similar campsite resort types in other places? We wouldnt be into an all out tent or a mobile home type thing, itd be more the one or two bed lodges they were offering at sangulis that we are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Cambrils Park (https://familyresort.cambrilspark.com/en/) would suit also...although may be too expensive for the budget. Been there loads of times now and can't recommend it highly enough.

So I just got off the phone to sunway regarding la siesta salou camping. They won’t do prices for 2019 until sep/oct but I asked how much it was for 2 weeks at the start of June this year. €4000. I think I can forget about that place!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭fdevine

tom1ie wrote: »
    So I just got off the phone to sunway regarding la siesta salou camping. They won’t do prices for 2019 until sep/oct but I asked how much it was for 2 weeks at the start of June this year. €4000. I think I can forget about that place!

We booked direct with La Siesta. Prices may not be available yet but for €4k I'd be expecting a 3 bed with breakfast (at least), flights and transfers included.

La Siesta prices for two weeks in early July this year were from €2k upwards. They have mobile homes, bungalows, luxury bungalows & apartments.

Sanguli was €3.5k for accommodation alone in July.

• Advertisement

Ludo wrote: »
    Cambrils Park (https://familyresort.cambrilspark.com/en/) would suit also...although may be too expensive for the budget. Been there loads of times now and can't recommend it highly enough.

Yeah this place looks pretty good alright, plenty going on. What accommodation did you stay in if you don’t mind me asking.

Villa Bonita chalets. They are lovely. Not too keen on the Aloha ones as I find them a bit dark. Lots of new accommodation also built in last few years which I have never seen the inside of.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Holiday village in Ibiza is brillaint, great little beach attached to the hotel and water park attached to the other side of hotel, tried a few in Ibiza this was the best for kids.

https://www.tuiholidays.ie/f/spain/balearic-islands/ibiza/port-des-torrent/hotels/holiday-village-seaview-ibiza

Sorry just saw your budget, this would be double it as it's all inclusive, food and cocktails etc

As someone else said above, La Siesta is a lot cheaper than Sanguli or Cambrils Park. Definitely keep an eye on their own website ( http://www.camping-lasiesta.com/en/ )and book direct. I was going to book them last year but ended up switching to Bella Italia.

As someone else said above, La Siesta is a lot cheaper than Sanguli or Cambrils Park. Definitely keep an eye on their own website ( http://www.camping-lasiesta.com/en/ )and book direct. I was going to book them last year but ended up switching to Bella Italia.

so i got an e mail off la siesta just now and they said their 2019 prices arent available until december.
    the prices for june 2018 in a bungalow caribe were 1791 and for bungalow bahia 1369.
    Compared to cambrils park who are looking for 1830 (1 bed apartment with hot tub)
    sanguli are sold out of the 1 bed apartments for june.

does anyone know when ryanair or aer lingus put their flights on sale for june 2019? i dont wanna pay for the acomodation and then get hit with a massive bill for flights so im reluctant to book at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭fdevine

If you're booking through Eurocamp or the likes most will take deposits. Eurocamp, who we usually book through, is normally a €99 deposit.

We booked direct with La Siesta but they have a 40% deposit requirement. Balance not payable until arrival though.

We got a 1 bed Masai lodge in sanguli in the end. Now we just have to work on getting the flights. Booked direct with sanguli Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

We went with Eurocamp last year to Bella Italia, Lake Garda
    Did Sanguli 3 times when the boys were younger but if I had found this place sooner I don't think a 2nd visit to Sanguli/Salou would have ever happened
    Cant recommend Bella Italia highly enough
    Loads for your kids at that age
    Walking distance to lake and its much safer to swim in than the ocean
    its a 10min walk then aswell along the lake into Peschiera

Bella Italia is great but it is 3 star compared to 5 star Cambrils Park. Not official ratings but my opinion. Cambrils is immaculately maintained and accommodation much better. Also nowhere as crowded in high season as Bella Italia. I'm not knocking Bella Italia as it was great but it is a lot cheaper for a reason. Personally, I wish Cambrils Park was in Italy and then it would be perfect :-)

Bella Italia is great but it is 3 star compared to 5 star Cambrils Park. Not official ratings but my opinion. Cambrils is immaculately maintained and accommodation much better. Also nowhere as crowded in high season as Bella Italia. I'm not knocking Bella Italia as it was great but it is a lot cheaper for a reason. Personally, I wish Cambrils Park was in Italy and then it would be perfect :-)

If you had a choice between cambrillas Park and sanguli which one would you pick, and why? They both seem to be in and around the same price.

Bella Italia at 3 star is under rated imo
    I cant comment on Cambrils as we only stayed in Sanguli 3 times but if I was to pick again I would go with Bella for the overall package which includes the area
    However if I have never been to Salou/Cambrils you cant go far wrong either with Sanguli or Cambrils

If you had a choice between cambrillas Park and sanguli which one would you pick, and why? They both seem to be in and around the same price.

Never stayed in Sanguli. Looked into it but always ended up in Cambrils Park. Same owners and very close to each other and even some same chalet types so I imagine Sanguli is also excellent.
    Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Bella Italia at 3 star is under rated imo
    I cant comment on Cambrils as we only stayed in Sanguli 3 times but if I was to pick again I would go with Bella for the overall package which includes the area
    However if I have never been to Salou/Cambrils you cant go far wrong either with Sanguli or Cambrils

I do agree that the area in Bella Italia is better and the food is FAR FAR superior being Italy. We headed to Rome on the train for a few days after it which made it a fantastic holiday. The money saved on the accommodation compared to Cambrils paid for this 3 day add on.

My thoughts on sanguli is just about it frontyiu have beach and selection of shops and restaurants
    Not sure if cambrils is as close within walking
    I also thought I sanguli has more campervans
    This breaks up the site and with most of them being of older generation the site has less kids than cambrils so maybe less busy

Advertisement