Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT TAKEOVER CHICAGO - INCLUDES SPOILERS

Options
  • 16-06-2018 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

NXT_Chicago_2018.jpg

Had completely forgotten this was on early tomorrow morning, but as usual before the main roster PPV, the stars of NXT get to put themselves in the spotlight/show the main roster how it's done..

Card for the show is as follows..

NXT Tag Team Championship
    Undisputed Era (c) vs. Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch

Singles Match
    Ricochet vs. Velveteen Dream

NXT Women's Championship
    Shayna Baszler vs. Nikki Cross:

Chicago Street Fight
    Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa

NXT Championship
    Aleister Black (c) vs. Lars Sullivan

Pre-Show @ Midnight
    Live Show @ 01:00

Mauro Ranallo will not be present on the show due to other commitments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    NXT_Chicago_2018.jpg

Had completely forgotten this was on early tomorrow morning, but as usual before the main roster PPV, the stars of NXT get to put themselves in the spotlight/show the main roster how it's done..

Card for the show is as follows..

NXT Tag Team Championship
    Undisputed Era (c) vs. Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch

Singles Match
    Ricochet vs. Velveteen Dream

NXT Women's Championship
    Shayna Baszler vs. Nikki Cross:

Chicago Street Fight
    Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa

NXT Championship
    Aleister Black (c) vs. Lars Sullivan

Pre-Show @ Midnight
    Live Show @ 01:00

Mauro Ranallo will not be present on the show due to other commitments.

Seems a bit of a quieter build up than normal. Dream v Ricochet should be great and Gargano v Ciampa has never disappointed yet so it’ll certainly be worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Officer999

Anyone having problems with the Network?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Jesus the crowd so hot for undisputed era but giving oney and burch nothing so far

Great great match

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Lorcan and burch come out to crickets and leave to a standing ovation. Fair play lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dream is just fantastic.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Dream is just fantastic.

Hes the future of the company

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yes! Wrestlers stealing each others moves. I love that.

The game of one upsmanship eventually cost the dream such simple great storytelling

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lorcan and burch come out to crickets and leave to a standing ovation. Fair play lads!

Only watching Takeovers, I had no clue who they were but wow. They had a cray intensity about them. That opener was such an incredible pace and it felt like they were legit killing each other.

He main event....I could watch those two tear stripes out of each other all day. Wonder what's next for the rubber match though? I quit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ThePott

Really thought putting the tag on first would be a mistake but they over delivered by miles.
    Definitely a star-making match for Lorcan and Burch, especially Lorcan.

For a card that wasn't as strong as other Takeovers it was a great show, chuffed for the rubber match between Gargano and Ciampa in Brooklyn, I'm gonna be there so I'm delighted to get to see such an amazing feud live.

Wonder if we could see Nikki tonight if Sanity show up

EDIT- Just saw the Smackdown tag is on the pre-show so maybe not

• Advertisement

Just another phenomenal takeover from top to bottom

You could really feel trips and hbk fingerprints all over it especially the street fight

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

No pressure main roster, no pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gargano, Ciampa & Cole are money if the WWE can't build a new Era around them over the next few years I'll be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Gargano, Ciampa & Cole are money if the WWE can't build a new Era around them over the next few years I'll be disappointed.

Well uh prepare to be thoroughly disappointed then.....

Nigel is really turning into a great commenter wasnt sure of him at first but just keeps getting better great storyteller of a match

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, this was similar to Dream, I think. Had the star making match against Black and now I look forward to his matches.
    Hopefully Oney and Danny get the same boost after this match. They earned it.

As for Dream and Rick O'Shea, very enjoyable match. Liked the one-upmanship and the suplex to the floor looked cool.
    The coast to coast elbow miss worked well as well since Ricochet moved at the right time as opposed to the usual moving before the person has left the turnbuckle.

Nikki/Shayna was a strange one. Think that will continue until the next Takeover at least.

The men's title match was decent. There was the obvious botched Black Mass. The fact Lars kicked out and they had more to the match seems to imply he wasn't meant to get it all or something.

That main event was awesome. Not sure if we'll get the rubber match at the next Takeover or if they will try to move on. I'd say they will fight at the next one.

Post show video with HHH
    https://www.facebook.com/tripleh/videos/10156729429459683/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

You mean they should be part of the next............#

Undisputed Era?

:cool:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Once again NXT sure know how to do a tag match. Absolutely gripping.

The main event was fantastic it had everything and yet it felt so fresh compared to their last match.

Every match was excellent. The fact NXT is remotely connected to the main product is just mind blowing. The difference in producing, storyline and wrestling standard is night and day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

The Dream really is something else...."The Dream doesn't recall that" in reference to him getting his start on Tough Enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Just catching up on MITB weekend now.

Gargano and Ciampa are just ridiculous. It's rare these days to get such a pure heel versus such a pure face, with the audience invested in every move.

The tag match was a great opener. I think Kyle O'Reilly is the business. He had a fantastic match on NXT TV the week before Takeover as well.

Velveteen Dream is such a great character. Hopefully they give him a proper introduction when it's time for him to join the main roster. Time and again they land NXT graduates on Raw or Smackdown (which is a vastly different audience to NXT) with little to no background provided, and zero character development afterward either (see Bobby Roode, The Revival).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I can't remember much character development for Roode in NXT.
    But yeah that's always the problem. Best example is Bayley or any underdog character where they grew a fanbase

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I can't remember much character development for Roode in NXT.
    But yeah that's always the problem. Best example is Bayley or any underdog character where they grew a fanbase

Yeah he was never much more than a theme tune and a catchphrase really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Pentecost wrote: »
    Yeah he was never much more than a theme tune and a catchphrase really.

I hated when people said that when he was in NXT, he was a bit more than that

Main roster Roode though is literally the theme song, a catchphrase and a six pack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Got to agree with the praise for kyle o reilly. He really is a star performer. I knew the name from the indies. Anyway, big mark for himself now.

Advertisement