Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wet internal wall

Options
  • 16-06-2018 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm looking for some advice about a damp solid wall in my kitchen .

The past two weeks my Paint start pealing off in the kitchen then I noticed staining on the plaster so I've stripped the plaster back to bare block .now I can see that some blocks are soaked the thing is my neighbors kitchen is directly on the other side .I have looked at all other possibilities outside the house I even climbed up into the attic everything is bone dry.is there a way I can find this leak I'm waiting to collor the guy next door and ask is he having problems. Should I just use damp seal over the wet patches and have it re plastered ? Any advice please would be much appreciated ...thank you .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Spend time investigating the cause first as any repairs will need reworking if its a persistent leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Perhaps tell/show the neighbours, telling them to have a plumber look at their issue?

Advertisement