Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bus monthly tickets

Options
  • 16-06-2018 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, 
    Since finishing uni in 2015, I haven't had much reason to use Dublin Bus. I've spent quite a bit of time abroad since then.
    I've just taken a job in Dublin and will be back to using the bus from next week onwards. Ticketing has changed quite a bit in the last three years and I'm trying to  figure out the best monthly option.
    From my understanding, the leap card is capped at 110 Euro a month. The monthly rambler is 160.50 euro. 
    In what universe would any regular commuter pay for the rambler over just standard capping? Am I missing something here? 

I'll explore the tax saver option when I'm settled in, I'm sure my new employer will have it set up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

110 euro per month, + extra if travelling on Airlink

Rambler is 30 days, these do not need to be consecutive days so offer a good option for folks working short weeks and this is also valid on the Airlink services

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

True, there's roughly 20 working days a month which actually makes it 165 euro for 30 working days. It's quite marginal then, if you work a short week then the rambler would be better. But if you ever use the bus when you're not working, the cap seems better. 

The tax saver is by far the best though, roughly 90 quid or so?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

troyzer wrote: »
    The tax saver is by far the best though, roughly 90 quid or so?

Even cheaper again.

€683.40pa or €56.95pm if you're on the higher tax bracket

€951.40pa or €79.28 if you're on the lower tax bracket.

Advertisement