Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump has told reporters he wants people in the US to "sit up to attention"

Options
  • 16-06-2018 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭

Donald Trump has told reporters he wants people in the US to "sit up to attention" like they do for North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

https://news.sky.com/story/donald-trump-claims-he-has-largely-solved-north-korea-problem-11405819

The majority of Americans must be foaming at the mouth for this prick. He not only saluted a foreign General from one of the worst regimes on the planet... and then he goes and says this?!? I don't give a damn if he was being sarcastic... the Korean War vets now must be disgusted & the dead ones turning in their graves

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,953 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Stick it to 'em Donald.

Stick it to 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

You mad bro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

He is almost worse than Obama.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Bit rich coming from a bloke who never did a sit up in his life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Creative83

sexmag wrote: »
    You mad bro?

No, are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Sky News .....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,616 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump: "I gave Kim credibility"

giphy.gif

Same old shlte. The quote is nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be.

"He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same."

If you take that quote literally, he's saying he wants to be as respected as Kim. He is after all praising Kim the person, not Kim the insane dictator.

As for respecting him? Just a load of people who don't know what saving face is. You don't get anywhere in Korea if you're insulting people or antagonising them. They're going from sworn enemies to besties in order to get stuff done.

Enjoy your rage and continue to hope he fails. Continue to believe that Trump actually likes Kim. It's becoming some of my favorite stuff to read because I have the funniest image of you guys ranting and screaming while you type.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

"He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same."

If you take that quote literally, he's saying he wants to be as respected as Kim. He is after all praising Kim the person, not Kim the insane dictator.

As for respecting him? Just a load of people who don't know what saving face is. You don't get anywhere in Korea if you're insulting people or antagonising them. They're going from sworn enemies to besties in order to get stuff done.

Enjoy your rage and continue to hope he fails. Continue to believe that Trump actually likes Kim. It's becoming some of my favorite stuff to read because I have the funniest image of you guys ranting and screaming while you type.

The people in North Korea only have "respect" out of fear for Kim. After all he can have any one of them killed at any moment.

Cabaal wrote: »
    The people in North Korea only have "respect" out of fear for Kim. After all he can have any one of them killed at any moment.

I know. But in the interests of international diplomacy, the US president is better off not pointing that out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

He's using all the language and rhetoric of a wannabe dictator.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I know. But in the interests of international diplomacy, the US president is better off not pointing that out.

He's pointed it out before though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

A little jealousy from the Donald?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

A lot of people seem to think threats towards the regime is working. Yep great results there all these years. Cooperation even if it means ass kissing to a certain extent just to create dialouge and yes it leaves a bad taste in the mouth as ass kissing does :) but if its the start down the road to a better country for North Koreans and nuke disarment. Just do it.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    He's pointed it out before though?

And in order to make progress, which they've done, it's time to play nice and let Kim save face.

Either people say he's undiplomatic for not being nice, or people says he wants to be a dictator for doing what he's doing.

Either he goes to the meeting and people say it's worthless and he's just giving Kim legitimacy, or he doesn't go and people say he's undermining Park's efforts at peace and is itching for war.

It's so incredibly tiresome being able to predict the exact arguments against every single thing he could do. If he can do absolutely nothing to satisfy the hysteric masses, why should his supporters listen to any complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

You need dialogue but you don't need to absolutely suck up either. There's a happy medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

He was joking. Seems to be working on a better relationship with Best Korea than the last two administrations.

Advertisement