Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window/Gutter Cleaning business prices

Options
  • 15-06-2018 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

So I have decided to start my own business cleaning windows and gutters, i was wondering, would you guys pay €100 to have your windows front and back cleaned and all the frames, plus gutters front and back cleaned plus all muc inside the gutters cleaned out also.

Gutters are only a once a year job so im wondering is €100 good value for somoene once a year to get all done. This is talking about a standard 3 bedroom semi house in Ireland?

Also would €30 for windows alone seem reasonable also?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gatoh

Where are you based? City? Rural?
    How long it will take to clean ( include. windows, frames and gutters ) ?
    How far would you travel ( 30 minutes drive? Less? More? )

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

would be a bargain for me, but you would work for it!
    I have approx 30 windows to do. If you have insurance, PM me and you can have me as a customer twice a year :):)
    i'll throw in the tea too

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fil Taylor

Gatoh wrote: »
    Where are you based? City? Rural?
    How long it will take to clean ( include. windows, frames and gutters ) ?
    How far would you travel ( 30 minutes drive? Less? More? )

I would work city and rural that wouldnt matter

It would take 2-3 hours to do all windows and gutters properly.

about 20mins drive max i would go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fil Taylor

Shaunoc wrote: »
    would be a bargain for me, but you would work for it!
    I have approx 30 windows to do. If you have insurance, PM me and you can have me as a customer twice a year :):)
    i'll throw in the tea too

No as u read i said for a 3 bed semi house not a house with 30 windows

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gatoh

Working in Dublin vs Achill Island would make a difference on price people willing to pay - hence the question where are you based?

Lets say you're based in Galway - both city and rural areas covered.
    No one will never pay you €100 for 2-3 hour job . That's like a 50 - 30 euro per hour - never ever gonna happen .

€ 30 for windows alone...probably . Last year I got windows only cleaned €20 - some guy just called around and did few houses in the same estate so he cashed in possibly in around 100 euro after few hour's of work. Very possible indeed

Most sole traders ( plasterers , block-layers, landscapers etc ) still charging 100-150 per person per day work ( I don't know about Dublin or Cork now ) and I can not see how to cleaning windows & gutters can make more monies unless you wanna clean 30 windows for €100 per job

IMHO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

True true. For gutters properly done and windows, door glazing I would. But no tea!
    However I would insist on checking insurance details. I have seen a guy fall from a ladder doing windows.

That price is vat included I imagine with invoice too

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

A guy came around ours a few weeks ago charging 25 for all windows/doors in 3 bed semi including frames, I thought it was god value. South dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,059 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I pay €40 for the windows done outside, 4 bed detached in north Wicklow. I get that done every 6 weeks.

I think it's €60 for inside and out which I get done a couple of times a year.

I need my gutters doing but haven't found anyone for that yet.

You might want to offer discounts to new customers to get them to switch. If you don't offer discounts and instead lowball yourself, you'll be stuck with those low prices forever. Same money, different psychology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

A fully insured window cleaner I know has a day rate of €400 and has plenty of takers. I'd never pay that but obviously some people are prepared to pay €50 an hour.

Advertisement