Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many called to an interview

Options
  • 15-06-2018 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Just got a lovely rejection letter for an interview I attended recently - on it, it stated what order of preference I came . This made me wonder how many people are usually called for interview for a teaching postition?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭infor123

I always thought it had to be minimum of 3. Especially if it’s your typical 2nd year interview for someone so the job is gone already.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Exiled1

There is no minimum or maximum number to be called for interview. ETBs give order of preference, but voluntary secs are not obliged to do so afaik.
    The numbers of applications this year for post-primary teaching posts seems few enough. Anecdotal evidence in mid June suggests if you can get five/six applications for a job that is a good field!
    There will be many more applications to ETB ads because of the centralised procedures in filling jobs in numerous schools.
    Keep on applying, don't get hung up too much on 'where' if you wish to get experience and remember, there will be lots of adverts in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

Exiled1 wrote: »
    There is no minimum or maximum number to be called for interview. ETBs give order of preference, but voluntary secs are not obliged to do so afaik.
    The numbers of applications this year for post-primary teaching posts seems few enough. Anecdotal evidence in mid June suggests if you can get five/six applications for a job that is a good field!
    There will be many more applications to ETB ads because of the centralised procedures in filling jobs in numerous schools.
    Keep on applying, don't get hung up too much on 'where' if you wish to get experience and remember, there will be lots of adverts in August.

Where have you seen ETBs giving order of preferences. I have applied for many jobs with my ETB and been called for some and rejected for others and have never been given an order of preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Jane98 wrote: »
    Where have you seen ETBs giving order of preferences. I have applied for many jobs with my ETB and been called for some and rejected for others and have never been given an order of preference.

Could be if the ETB have formed a panel for a subject.

Advertisement