Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Airlines - Pay for baggage online

Options
  • 14-06-2018 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Booked a flight from Dublin to NYC via Finnair, however looks like Finnair is codesharing with American Airlines.

I now want to get a checked baggage, Finnair site tells me i can't add it since I am technically flying with AA. However checking on AA site, it costs €50 which is great. But I can't see any option to buy it online. Any idea ? Don't want to turn up in the airport and they charging me an arm and a leg for it

https://www.americanairlines.ie/i18n/travel-info/baggage/checked-baggage-policy.jsp

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

If you can't add it under MMB, you can add it when you check in online 24 hours before flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

I ended up ring American Airlines, looks like they don't have facility to purchase it online and can only be done at checkin. Which isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I ended up ring American Airlines, looks like they don't have facility to purchase it online and can only be done at checkin. Which isn't too bad.

Probably because it's a code-share.

Advertisement