Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza 6 Over Forza 7?

Options
  • 14-06-2018 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Picked up an Xbox One S and Forza 7 on Monday and while I was enjoying it, it has become boring very quickly. This is entirely due to the Homologation system which is bizarrely limiting. I was playing Forza 2 quite a bit last week and enjoyed the simplicity of it. I like the upgrade and class system which is now essentially useless in Forza 7.

Anyone reckon if it's worthwhile picking up Forza 6? I miss being able to customise a D/C class car up to B/A, leaning more towards chassis and tyre upgrades over power.

Fair enough if the game upgrades the AI cars to match the class limit, like in Forza 4. But I can throw on full weight reduction or race tyres on cars.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Picked up an Xbox One S and Forza 7 on Monday and while I was enjoying it, it has become boring very quickly. This is entirely due to the Homologation system which is bizarrely limiting. I was playing Forza 2 quite a bit last week and enjoyed the simplicity of it. I like the upgrade and class system which is now essentially useless in Forza 7.

Anyone reckon if it's worthwhile picking up Forza 6? I miss being able to customise a D/C class car up to B/A, leaning more towards chassis and tyre upgrades over power.

Fair enough if the game upgrades the AI cars to match the class limit, like in Forza 4. But I can throw on full weight reduction or race tyres on cars.

I would recommend 6 over 7. Sure 7 looks good and has a few more tracks and cars than 6. But like you I found that the homologation took most of the fun from the game. I'm also not a fan of the loot boxes, I preferred when you actually got rewarded for adjusting the difficulty settings and driving aids.

Forza 6 has more options for customisation of you car to suit your style of racing as well as more classes in rivals if you like hot lapping against ghosts.

Also if you can pick up up the Nascar and the Porsche dlc for cheap it adds more tracks, cars and achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Kxiii wrote: »
    I would recommend 6 over 7. Sure 7 looks good and has a few more tracks and cars than 6. But like you I found that the homologation took most of the fun from the game. I'm also not a fan of the loot boxes, I preferred when you actually got rewarded for adjusting the difficulty settings and driving aids.

Forza 6 has more options for customisation of you car to suit your style of racing as well as more classes in rivals if you like hot lapping against ghosts.

Also if you can pick up up the Nascar and the Porsche dlc for cheap it adds more tracks, cars and achievements.

I'm downloading the demo now, I've read online that the handling and physics are pretty much the same. I've even read a few people say the 6 actually looks a bit better.

Is there any gimmicks with the career? I hear it wasn't as good in 6. Maybe it was limited or something I'm not sure, but I'm jus looking for the usual stuff like Hot Hatch, 70s muscle etc. I just find 7 seems very restricted.

I also heard there was a lot of DLC cars? Is the car selection an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I'm downloading the demo now, I've read online that the handling and physics are pretty much the same. I've even read a few people say the 6 actually looks a bit better.

Is there any gimmicks with the career? I hear it wasn't as good in 6. Maybe it was limited or something I'm not sure, but I'm jus looking for the usual stuff like Hot Hatch, 70s muscle etc. I just find 7 seems very restricted.

I also heard there was a lot of DLC cars? Is the car selection an issue?

As far as i know there both based on the same engine so handling is pretty much the same.

Career mode has everything from classic hot hatches to modern f1 cars. You have more freedom when it comes to how you set up your cars, each championship has a max class eg D/E and its up to you how you get the car to it.

Base game has about 600 cars, dlc is really optional. Nascar and Porsche and about a dozen cars and one track each, I think I picked them both up for a fiver each when they went on sale.

Advertisement