Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smallish skip with door?

Options
  • 14-06-2018 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Would you guys know of any skip hire places around Dublin that supply a mini/midi skip with a door (example in the uk)?

If not, how would you guys go about loading a skip with several tonnes of stone and muck without ending up in hospital!?

Cheers,

Slip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Old scaffold plank on low end of skip.Wheel barrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭slipstream

kopkidda wrote: »
    Old scaffold plank on low end of skip.Wheel barrow.

how dicey would getting a loaded wheelbarrow up a scaffold plank be?

would strapping a couple of scaffold planks together be any safer?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,027 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I filled a 14CY skip with lighter stuff by levering the wheelbarrow on the lip of the skip. No planks.

For the heavier rocks and blocks I just chucked them in.

It doesn't take very long.

I think you're overthinking it.

Lumen wrote: »
    I think you're overthinking it.

You're probably right. Thanks for the tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Speaking of skips, wheelbarrow and plank don't do this:
    k7LoFyp.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

slipstream wrote: »
    Would you guys know of any skip hire places around Dublin that supply a mini/midi skip with a door (example in the uk)?

If not, how would you guys go about loading a skip with several tonnes of stone and muck without ending up in hospital!?

Cheers,

Slip
    you wont get several tonnes into a small skip

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

slipstream wrote:

Are you going to have a mini digger on site ?? Small dumper is very cheap per days hire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Would a grab lorry be an option
    Handy enough just dump the waste in a heap in the front garden and grab arrives and clears away
    I done this in a few jobs where a skip wasn't an option due to parking availability .

If you just ask the skip company they may be able to give you one with a door.

I've had a load of skips recently and one with a door has popped up a few times randomly (was never specifically requested). So they obviously have them in the yard, but Im not sure if they (the skip company) keep them separate for people that ask for them, or if its just random luck who gets it.

If you just ask the skip company they may be able to give you one with a door.

I've had a load of skips recently and one with a door has popped up a few times randomly (was never specifically requested). So they obviously have them in the yard, but Im not sure if they (the skip company) keep them separate for people that ask for them, or if its just random luck who gets it.

the crowd i've been talking to are local but fairly small and didn't have any with doors.

which companies supplied you with a skip with a door?

• Advertisement

slipstream wrote: »
    the crowd i've been talking to are local but fairly small and didn't have any with doors.

which companies supplied you with a skip with a door?

Orange Skips are the ones I use. But they're based in Drogheda so might not be any use to you for your area.

http://orangeskips.ie/

Advertisement