Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest way to get to NZ return

Options
  • 14-06-2018 8:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, im looking to fly to New Zealand at the end of the year for a few weeks and was wondering if anyone came across a particularly cheap airline to use? Cheapest I've come across is Qatar airways which is quoting 1100 odd, does anyone know of any cheaper and has anyone used Qatar airways yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dvd

I think it would be best to wait for a sale, if you could go through london you could get it for €750 or leave via dublin and return to london €850. Depends how much hassle this is for you. Keep checking the secretflying website

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

Use Fareboom.com service. I often book tickets there. It’s very convenient to find cheap airlines and compare the prices. They do not charge commission for booking. Hope you find it helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

If you’re flying at the end of the year you are flying in peak time as its Xmas and the the southern hemisphere summer holidays. If you can, fly out before about the 10th Dec...flights start to rise after this. I normally use momondo.ie to see what prices are like and then if possible book directly with the airline even if it is slightly more expensive than a 3rd party. Sometimes when booking through a 3rd party you won’t be able to book seats in advance and if anything happens with the flight its much easier to deal directly with the airline rather than having to go through someone else.

I’ve flown with Qatar before and they are fine. My preference though is to fly through Asia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

sky scanner is a great site, sometimes you can find cheaper if ya put london as your departure and book dublin/cork to Heathrow seperate, I'm looking at flights to Vietnam next year, Qatar from Heathrow is €720 from Gatwick €560 .... strange but true

Advertisement