Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust spots coming through freshly painted rads despite sanding prior

Options
  • 13-06-2018 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I prepped my rads prior to painting them today, sanded them down, then washed and dried them before painting with Ronseal 2 in 1 primer and paint for metal and wood.
    While drying spots of rust started coming through the paint.
    Really don’t want to have to sand it all off again as a lot of work went into prepping them beforehand. Just gave them one coat of this paint, they need two coats but I don’t wanna apply it if rust is going to come through.

Any ideas what I could do?

Thanks a mil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Get a shellac based stain block, either Zinnsser B.I.N. or Fleetwood Terminator. Paint over the rust stains with this and then paint your topcoat as per normal. The shellac based primers are the only ones that will block rust/water stains properly.

Advertisement