Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daylight, sunlight and overshadowing analysis required for domestic housing PP ?

Options
  • 13-06-2018 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Is it now normal procedure to produce daylight, sunlight and overshadowing analysis for domestic housing planning permission? I thought it is required only for large projects, but it happen we got asked by Council to produce one for house (one storey plus attic) ?? Any idea how much it may cost ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

zom wrote: »
    Is it now normal procedure to produce daylight, sunlight and overshadowing analysis for domestic housing planning permission? I thought it is required only for large projects, but it happen we got asked by Council to produce one for house (one storey plus attic) ?? Any idea how much it may cost ?

Are you building at first floor and close to the boundary?
    It’s becomming more common in Dublin now, particularly for 2 storey extensions.

You can demonstrate it by the BRE 25/45 test and if it passes that then it suggests no further light study is required.

Your agent should be able to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

kceire wrote: »
    It’s becomming more common in Dublin now, particularly for 2 storey extensions.

I looked over 20 recent and current applications in the area and found only one having overshadowing analysis (4 storey building). This is why it seems to me bit overreaction to ask about calculating neighbours house VSCs.
    Surely you may need it for 17 storey developments like this:
    http://www.dublincity.ie/AnitePublicDocs/00523990.pdf

I had a quick look at BRE 25/45 and it seems we are 100mm below line in closes point, but I have to double check it tomorrow. Thanks for advice.

Advertisement