Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rental Income

Options
  • 13-06-2018 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

As a landlord, I've rented out my house since February 2017 (€600 per month) and contacted Revenue then but they said I didn't need to file a return until this year. I'm now having my doubts although this page seems to suggest I'm ok?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

BarneyMc wrote: »
    As a landlord, I've rented out my house since February 2017 (€600 per month) and contacted Revenue then but they said I didn't need to file a return until this year. I'm now having my doubts although this page seems to suggest I'm ok?

File and pay 2017 online by 14/11/2018

Deal with prelim tax for 2018 at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

Happy4all wrote: »
    File and pay 2017 online by 14/11/2018

Deal with prelim tax for 2018 at the same time

OMG I could kiss you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yip you just have to pay by Nov, but there is no need to wait until then. You can do it at any point from jan onwards.

You can even do it online. It is made very simple. And there is now the facility to have this years taken from your paye tax credit each month. I now have a little portion of my wages going each month to cover the tax. At the end of the year then im not hit with a big bill.

I've started completing Form 11 for 2017 on ROS (I assume I have to create a separate form for 2018). Here's my basic annual figures below - can someone please let me know the screenshot accurately reflects this? Thanks.

Gross rent for 2017 = 11 months x €600 = €6,600
    Interest paid on mortgage = €390
    House property charge = €90

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭HcksawJimDuggan

Only 80% of interest is allowed & LPT is not an allowable deduction.

• Advertisement

Only 80% of interest is allowed & LPT is not an allowable deduction.

Thanks for that. Looks like I can add house insurance premium and RTB registration fee of €90. I'm getting my info here.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭barryf42

you can add house insurance costs etc and any repairs or purchases i.e. paint, white goods etc- i don't think you can claim the prtb charge though - check that one out -

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭HcksawJimDuggan

PRTB is allowed. You'd more than likely have to claim capital allowances on white goods.

Advertisement