Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low - Vicar Street - October 17th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

Low gigs are usually well respected from my experience. Bars don't effect the Vicar St stage too much. Twud be great if this was all seated....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I saw them a few years back at Cypress Avenue in Cork, and there was silence throughout while they played. Fantastic gig too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Danco

seachto7 wrote: »

Being an Irish gig, the quiet bits will most likely be ruined by numpties that can't go an hour or two without NEEDING to go the bar. Hopefully they'll close the bar for this gig.

I'd share your reservations on this, it's an eternal annoyance.

Really looking forward to this gig. I've given the new tracks a listen and they're not really grabbing me. There's quite a Drums and Guns vibe to the arrangements though and I remember thinking that album sounded thin when it came out but the songs translated really well live. Hoping for a similar development with these (and looking forward to hearing the rest of the new album).

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Seen them in Kilkennys Set Theatre for the Christmas gig, was really good.
    But as people said would need to have a quiet crowd to appreciate them.

looks like its seated! :)

• Advertisement

Picked up 2 tickets for "Row 28, seats 1 and 2". I assume, based on the seating chart, that row 28 refers to table 28?

I was going to go upstairs, but learned my lesson from the Tweedy gig. (Doors opening and closing all the time, people getting up, talking, talking in the corridors outside...). Hopefully being in the thick of it will keep those distractions in the background.

From what I recall, they closed the bar at Cypress Avenue.

yep-correct..... Table 14 is all mine!!

I had bloody table 3 at one stage, but failed to pull the trigger :( but now that I look again, the seats I have will involve less neck turning.

Advertisement