Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen press laminate

Options
  • 13-06-2018 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

The laminate is peeling off the doors on two of the kitchen presses.i really don't want to get a new kitchen nor can i afford one.What are my options?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Is the offending near a kettle/dishwasher?
    Maybe try remedy that to stop the problem getting worse...
    Only thing you can do really is replace the 2 doors themselves if they're available - or get them re-wrapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

One is near the kettle toaster yes but the other isn't.my first choice Would be to get it re wrapped.but what kind of a shop/person does this?
    I'm sure i could replace them myself but would they be the exact same then that's the thing.they look fairly standard to me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

In order of preference:

1) go back to the original supplier, they may be able to supply a replacement.
    2) replace the door. Search Google for kitchen doors.
    3) re-wrap the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭k123456

With a kettle on a worktop, face the spout out (towards the room) This helps dissipate steam

Not much you can do with a toaster

DW, I generally wait until several hours after a cycle , the steam will have cooled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Graham wrote: »
    In order of preference:

1) go back to the original supplier, they may be able to supply a replacement.
    2) replace the door. Search Google for kitchen doors.
    3) re-wrap the door.

The original supplier isn't there any more.it was 14 yrs ago.
    I could replace the door no problem but will it be the exact same colour as the surrounding press?paint it maybe?
    I think re wrapping the door might be the option.they are in good Nick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

These guys supply the vinyl to wrap it if you fancied having a go at it yourself - next day delivery in ireland. I Was looking at them for something else.
    https://www.wrapdirect.com/kitchen-wrapping-kits-includes-tools/

Advertisement