Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concealed Shower Valve - handle won’t stay

Options
  • 13-06-2018 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I recently had a Sonas Pictor triple control shower valve installed (pic below)

The problem is that as soon as the plumber left I noticed the temp control dial was loose and did not engage the heat restriction. It also squeaked and came off in my hand.

I saw that even if I tried to remount it via the hex screw the dial refuses to sit on or slot over the valve unless I take out the plastic ring - it’s like a large washer for want of a better word. When I removed it the dial was able to mount the switch perfectly. With the washer in the button on the dial can’t even reach the temp restrictor for higher temps.

I took a look at the two diverter dials and they have the same washer but it doesn’t restrict them from slotting onto their valves perfectly and with purpose - whereas the one on the temp control doesn’t even feel like it’s meant to be there

The question is can I use the valve safely without this plastic piece? Is it even meant to be there ? The dial is the same chrome finish which sits on the brass valve. Is it to protect from water getting in? If it’s meant to be there how on earth can I make it fit ?

Thanks guys - hope you can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You really need to get the plumber back. If you put it back wrong and break something then you have voided the warranty.

Advertisement