Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Polyboards if anyone can help.

Options
  • 12-06-2018 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi guys. Does anyone know where to get polyboards also known as v flats - in Ireland - as I'm having fierce trouble trying to find them. Ideally I want 8 by 4 foot. Any help greatly appreciated. 😊

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Here is what I found by a quick google,
    https://fstoppers.com/bts/studio-essential-how-construct-high-quality-v-flats-and-why-30377

It appears to me that they are made from a type of high density foam/polystyrene material

If thats the case, then if you go DIY route then maybe check out kingspan insulation used for building
    available in any builders hardware. Its a poly iso material that is dense enough to carve by hand easily.
    I think its fire retardent as well.

Similar polystyrene insulation thicknesses are available too which might suit your needs

Advertisement