Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stove- new build, 90 degree angle of flue

Options
  • 12-06-2018 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'll summarise as best I can as I don't fully understand the problems. New build. Picked a stovax elise woodburning stove (low output, as room sealed as possible as house very airtight). The builder had an opening for the stove with the liner. Once we considered the overall design of the room more we requested a stud wall to come out a small bit (just 30cm) to make it more of a feature. Firstly it's not fit for purpose as it should have either been masonry or steel stud. Builder will fix this but there's another bigger issue- as it is now the flue will be at a 90 degree angle which apparently isn't ok. Installer said 'control box/lintel'....needs to be moved. This is inside a structural wall and a HUGE job to fix as it's structural.

Is there anything that can be done here without going flush back to the wall? Is there any sort of extension to prevent the 90 degree bend? I don't really understand it but know as it is it won't work and builder is suggesting I now look at an electric stove which would be the easiest solution but haven't found one that has nearly as nice a design/look as the one we picked.

Thanks,
    Amanda

Advertisement