Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subject help for Radiography

Options
  • 12-06-2018 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, hoping somebody can help me out.
    I've just finished 5th year, heading into 6th in September. When I was picking my subjects in TY I had my heart set on studying Languages & Translation in college after the Leaving, but after lots of thought, work experience and tears I've realised that I want to do Radiography. My problem is I didn't pick any science subjects, because I thought I'd never need one back in TY, but one laboratory science is required to get into the course here & in the UK. It's too late to take it up in school now, and I don't think I'd be able to teach myself the biology/physics course in less than a year. I'm wondering what my options are now? Could I sit either biology or physics the year after my LC and have that result added to my original results and use it for the CAO in 2020 or is there a science course that I could do for a year that would meet entry requirements? Open to all ideas as my heart is totally set on Radiography now!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Phys/Chem might be an option?
    Not sure if you'd find grinds in it and it's not really one you can tackle entirely alone.
    Could you chat with one of the Science teachers in your school?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 evnichadhla

spurious wrote: »
    Phys/Chem might be an option?
    Not sure if you'd find grinds in it and it's not really one you can tackle entirely alone.
    Could you chat with one of the Science teachers in your school?

Phys/Chem never really crossed my mind, I’m absolutely diabolical at chemistry & aim to avoid it at all counts so that’s probably why, but I’ll see what the teachers suggest when we’re back in September. I just think I’ll have enough pressure on me to do well with the subjects I already have that I won’t be able to take up another one & learn the content within a year. I’ll see if I can get onto the guidance counsellor too for advice. Cheers for your response ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Celtron

Phys/Chem never really crossed my mind, I’m absolutely diabolical at chemistry & aim to avoid it at all counts so that’s probably why, but I’ll see what the teachers suggest when we’re back in September. I just think I’ll have enough pressure on me to do well with the subjects I already have that I won’t be able to take up another one & learn the content within a year. I’ll see if I can get onto the guidance counsellor too for advice. Cheers for your response ☺️

A lot of colleges don't recognise phys/chem as a science for entry requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

I would definitely do Biology. There is a fair bit of learning in it but the content is easy to understand. As long as you are dedicated to learning the course in a year, I'd crack on with Biology.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭rdavey14

Ag science can be another option as it is a lab subject

• Advertisement
Advertisement