Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possibly Repeating, advice?

Options
  • 12-06-2018 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Doing the LC this year and basically I'm not going to live up to my potential which is my own fault, I am contemplating repeating next year. Currently doing Physics, Applied Maths, Business, French and the main 3. If I have to repeat which I hope I don't I'm dropping business and french and going to take up Economics and Accounting, just wondering if I can repeat next year doing Maths, Physics, Applied Maths, Economics and Accounting but keep my grade in English and Irish?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DaleyBlind

Celtron wrote: »
    Doing the LC this year and basically I'm not going to live up to my potential which is my own fault, I am contemplating repeating next year. Currently doing Physics, Applied Maths, Business, French and the main 3. If I have to repeat which I hope I don't I'm dropping business and french and going to take up Economics and Accounting, just wondering if I can repeat next year doing Maths, Physics, Applied Maths, Economics and Accounting but keep my grade in English and Irish?

No your points total only come from one sitting of the LC. But once you pass them this year you won't need to do them next year for entry requirements, but you may need to do them if you need them for points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Concentrate on doing your best this year and put off all consideration of repeating until you get your results. Seriously you'll only wreck your head and further impact your performance if you're thinking of repeating now.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

Just do the best you can this year and don’t think about anything else.

Also, lmao why would one in your position ever drop business!? Sure pick up economics it’s a nice and short course but business and economics share much of the same curriculum and after studying it for 2 years surely you see that you could hone your knowledge with an extra year and the information that economics may provide you with.
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Celtron

what I meant to say was, if I meet the entry requirements for English and Irish this year , would I have to sit them next year, not talking about using them for points

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

Celtron wrote: »
    what I meant to say was, if I meet the entry requirements for English and Irish this year , would I have to sit them next year, not talking about using them for points

No you can meet requirements this year afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Stop procastinating and CRAM. You are letting yourelf give up already. You only need so many points or good lucky questions. Focus in thsi years exams and stop daydreaming your year and chances away.

Advertisement