Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How about: Things that have bemused you?

Options
  • 12-06-2018 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭

There are certain things that happen in my life I wouldn't say made my happy or annoyed, but I wouldn't mind mentioning them. Is there room for that sort of thread?

Now that I've decided to start the thread, I can't remember the sort of things I meant to add. It's not quite what I meant but I've been in hospital a lot over the last few weeks, where I've seen Richard Osman from Pointless (and other stuff).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,958 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

The fact that Love Island is a thing, that supposedly people of normal intelligence watch, and that Bafta gave it an award over a David Attenborough documentary season.

Idiocracy is truly here.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

I usually get a dream around this time of year when under stress that I have to do my leaving cert all over again with less than 3 weeks to prepare, having nothing done, knowing I'm going to fail miserably. Happens every year.

However, I was bemused this morning having woken from that same dream where I have to do the leaving cert again but the difference now being I am just finishing 5th year, I know exactly what I need to do prepare and there was absolutely no stress coupled with an absolute confidence in myself in achieving it. It was cathartic in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

valoren wrote: »
    I usually get a dream around this time of year when under stress that I have to do my leaving cert all over again with less than 3 weeks to prepare, having nothing done, knowing I'm going to fail miserably. Happens every year.

However, I was bemused this morning having woken from that same dream where I have to do the leaving cert again but the difference now being I am just finishing 5th year, I know exactly what I need to do prepare and there was absolutely no stress coupled with an absolute confidence in myself in achieving it. It was cathartic in a way.

I used to have that dream a lot not in a while though crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I'm often amused by the new meaning of the word 'bemused'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Some could say they're trivial annoyances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭howyanow

I used to have that dream a lot not in a while though crazy!

Same here,wake up in a panic everytime!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I tried starting something similar. It died.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

That some people really seem to hate Boards and complain about how much it sucks it every single feedback thread, and yet they are still here after all these years

Advertisement