Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did an update kill Halo Wars 2?

Options
  • 12-06-2018 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭

So a while back i got Halo Wars 2 for the XB1S. played a couple of levels and all was working well. a bit later, i go back to it only to see it appears stuck with a partially downloaded update. It simply wont finish the download and tells me that the file is corrupted when i try to play the game.

So i uninstall the whole thing thinking that'll be the end of it. Pop the disc back in and get the "download started" message immediately followed by "download stopped" Now the console refuses to install the game (online or off) and for some reason, the game still comes up in my game library.

Now i'm wondering has any fellow Boardsies heard of/encountered this problem before. I looked a bit online and one person suggested a factory reset of the machine, though it's not guaranteed. I would rather not throw away all my progress in other games over a maybe.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hard reset and plug out from wall for a few mins then try install offline. See if that helps at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

On a 360 I would have said clear the cache, on the xbox one it seems this can be done with a full shutdown, there are a few other steps mentioned here, don't know if they're necessary or not but can't hurt, https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=207

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Also, your game saves are cloud synced, so you can wipe your console and pick up where you left off afterwards.

Are you installing to an external harddrive? If so, try installing to the internal drive.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,180 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Since halo wars a is in game pass, if all the above fails you could try doing the free trial then downloading the digital version without the disc.

Advertisement