Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mystery vent

Options
  • 11-06-2018 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but couldn’t think of anywhere better.

At the front of the house I’ve got two vents covered by flap. One, at about head height, is a normal kitchen extractor fan vent, and the flaps open when the fan’s on.

The other is an identical vent near ground level. If opened manually, I can see it’s connected to a flexible pipe, like the extractor fan one. No idea where it leads.

Photo attached, plus one of the kitchen extractor for comparison. Anyone got any idea what it’s for? There’s no issue with it that I know of; I’m just curious :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

For a tumble dryer?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

put a phone playing music at full volume into the vent and walk round listening for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

rsynnott wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but couldn’t think of anywhere better.

At the front of the house I’ve got two vents covered by flap. One, at about head height, is a normal kitchen extractor fan vent, and the flaps open when the fan’s on.

The other is an identical vent near ground level. If opened manually, I can see it’s connected to a flexible pipe, like the extractor fan one. No idea where it leads.

Photo attached, plus one of the kitchen extractor for comparison. Anyone got any idea what it’s for? There’s no issue with it that I know of; I’m just curious :)

Could be tumble dryer or left there for the possibility of a tumble dryer in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

wizardman wrote: »
    Could be tumble dryer or left there for the possibility of a tumble dryer in the future.

Aha, yep, that’s probably it. I don’t have a vented dryer but there might well have been one once. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

Radon Gas vent ??

• Advertisement
Advertisement