Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen design consultation

Options
  • 11-06-2018 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi, looking for some advice regarding picking out a kitchen for a new build.
    So far we’ve only just scanned a couple of brochures and been to the odd showroom but im still finding it hard to picture exactly what id like (so many of them look nice in the showroom). Would anyone recommend certain showrooms in the Dublin area that will give a free consultation and maybe do a 3D drawing to help give some good ideas?

We have preliminary drawings of the house that we can bring with us (detailed drawings currently being worked on) so we do know the shape of the kitchen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

I was in the same situation. Had the floor plan and saw a few kitchens I liked but couldn't visualise them in my space. I happened to be in Woodies last weekend - didn't know they did kitchens - and got talking to the design guy there. It took the best part of an hour. There was no charge for the consultation and he went into great detail for me. I left with a design I was very happy with. For the Woodies 30 years celebration there is 30% off kitchens but I think that offer expires soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Most showrooms will create a 3D model for you. The companies i dealt with before were Woodies..B&Q..Ikea (very good 3D model that allows you to play with the software at home so you can move items around to your liking) Cash and Carry who I went with in the end.

Advertisement