Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton t90sr

Options
  • 11-06-2018 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I have a triton rally. Small, cheap rubbish shower that came with property. More pressure from the rain outside that what comes from the shower itself.
    Is it ok to replace it with a t90 sr model. It's bigger and I wonder if a plumber is required? Ie, different fittings/ remove some tiles!!??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Triton rally is mains fed & triton t90sr is tank fed. You'll need a plumber to repipe it. This will push the price up a little as it's not a straightforward swap

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

kingkev100 wrote: »
    I have a triton rally. Small, cheap rubbish shower that came with property. More pressure from the rain outside that what comes from the shower itself.
    Is it ok to replace it with a t90 sr model. It's bigger and I wonder if a plumber is required? Ie, different fittings/ remove some tiles!!??
    Thanks

You might not see any pressure improvement with the SR

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

No, not alot, the Rally is 8.7Kw and the 90SR is 9.0Kw.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kingkev100

Any suggestions as to what make/model you would recommend or is there any point in changing if the pressure will be more or less the same?
    I don't want to remove tiles or reroute pipes. Just looking for a straight forward replacement shower that will have a better pressure than the rally model.
    Thanks to all for replies and suggestions

MOD NOTE: I have merged the 2 threads by inserting this post into this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

kingkev100 wrote:
    I have a triton rally. Small, cheap rubbish shower that came with property. More pressure from the rain outside that what comes from the shower itself. Is it ok to replace it with a t90 sr model. It's bigger and I wonder if a plumber is required? Ie, different fittings/ remove some tiles!!?? Thanks

You started another thread but I'll answer here rather than two threads.

Triton t80z 9kw is a good mains fed shower. It can be fed top left and right. Rear left & right and bottom left & right. You shouldn't have to issues with the tiles.

Pressure is the same as a t90sr. The main difference is the t90sr is tank fed & has constant pressure. Mains fed sh the pressure can be up and down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 kingkev100

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You started another thread but I'll answer here rather than two threads.

Triton t80z 9kw is a good mains fed shower. It can be fed top left and right. Rear left & right and bottom left & right. You shouldn't have to issues with the tiles.

Pressure is the same as a t90sr. The main difference is the t90sr is tank fed & has constant pressure. Mains fed sh the pressure can be up and down
    Thanks so much for your advice. Really appreciated.

Advertisement