Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I be entitled to a Contract of Indefinite Duration?

Options
  • 11-06-2018 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I have been offered a lecturing position and I received the contract today. It states that my contract is a "Specific Purpose Contract". The contract is linked to certain funding being available, so there is no end date on the contract. I will be employed while this funding is available.
    My question is, assuming that funding is available for next three continuous years, would I then be entitled to a CID after this time?

I saw this on the TUI website
    "The qualification period for the granting of a contract of indefinite duration (CID) be reduced from a period of continuous employment in excess of three years to a period of continuous employment in excess of two years."

Ben

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭doc_17

Ben2018 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been offered a lecturing position and I received the contract today. It states that my contract is a "Specific Purpose Contract". The contract is linked to certain funding being available, so there is no end date on the contract. I will be employed while this funding is available.
    My question is, assuming that funding is available for next three continuous years, would I then be entitled to a CID after this time?

"The qualification period for the granting of a contract of indefinite duration (CID) be reduced from a period of continuous employment in excess of three years to a period of continuous employment in excess of two years."

Ben

It’s hard to say, best thing to do is contact your Union.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DilemmaDan

Definitely talk to the union.

In terms of eligibility for a CID you need to be employed for more than two years and have had two or more consecutive contracts from the same employer. Unless you meet BOTH of these you won't be eligible for a CID. If you're currently employed on a contract and move to a new fixed term you would then possibly be eligible for a CID on completion of 2+ years of service.

Non-exchequer funded posts are tricky as there is often a fixed duration to the funding and in these cases CID is unlikely (But this can be challenged and has been in some IoTs with regard to researchers being on a series of fixed term contracts).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭johnmck

Ben2018 wrote: »
    Hi,

Ben

My best guess is that they will let you go before you reach any entitlement. See my latest post!

Advertisement