Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear TWD | Season 4 | Episode 8 | No One's Gone [AMC] [SPOILERS]

• 11-06-2018 7:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

:: MID-SEASON FINALE ::

Fear The Walking Dead - Season 4

Episode 8 - "No One's Gone"

Airdate - June 11th on AMC at 9/8c | June 18th on AMC UK at 9PM

Madison fights to preserve the life she worked so hard to build; Morgan tries to do the right thing.

* Fear The Walking Dead is expected to return for the remaining part of Season 4 in August/September 2018

Promo

How did you rate this episode? 7 votes

0%
    14%
    robertpatterson 1 vote
    14%
    chrisire 1 vote
    28%
    YakuzaAgent Coulson 2 votes
    28%
    Sudden ValleyRosie Rant 2 votes
    14%
    clunky 1 vote
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I was expecting that however I never thought they would do it.

Another reason why this show is head and shoulders better than the parent show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I was expecting that however I never thought they would do it.

yeah but what now, i always thought they would reveal more about her back story, yeah so she killed her dad, but she looked like woman who had been in a few more scrapes I always imagined she'd in a biker gang or something like SOA

and did they kill her off or did she ask to leave to shoot the deadwood film ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Aye. I think the fact it's free of the comics narrative really helps them. They can get in more and better writers and take things in new directions with the basic source material.

OK they made changes, but TWD was kinda stuck with that. TBH *awaits flames* I know someone who has the comics and a while back I got a loan of a few of the early ones and I found them oddly stilted, obvious and a little pretentious given how popular they were/are. To be fair I gave up comics in my early teens so am long out of the whole graphic novel loop and that's likely a large part of that.

yeah but what now, i always thought they would reveal more about her back story, yeah so she killed her dad, but she looked like woman who had been in a few more scrapes I always imagined she'd in a biker gang or something like SOA

and did they kill her off or did she ask to leave to shoot the deadwood film ?

I don't think there was much more to her to be honest she was a broken woman who was on the right path to healing when all this happened and it was easy to fall back into being a hard closed off person able to survive in that world the only things keeping her fighting was her kids.

Hopefully Deadwood gets made I don't think her being still in this would effect that.

I think they are going with the shock value no one in this world is safe even the main stars.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Aye. I think the fact it's free of the comics narrative really helps them. They can get in more and better writers and take things in new directions with the basic source material.

OK they made changes, but TWD was kinda stuck with that. TBH *awaits flames* I know someone who has the comics and a while back I got a loan of a few of the early ones and I found them oddly stilted, obvious and a little pretentious given how popular they were/are. To be fair I gave up comics in my early teens so am long out of the whole graphic novel loop and that's likely a large part of that.

I do think that helps them a lot with this show however they also have better pacing and everything moves along at a good pace instead of a snail's pace.

Pretentious somes up the parent show as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I think they are going with the shock value of one in this world is safe even the main stars.
    From day one I thought this series was Alicia and Nick's story. Like TWD was Ricks*. A story of how you prepare your kids for the world kinda thing. Nick's gone because of the actors request, which is fair enough, though a pity, but that leaves Alicia as the main vein in the narrative.

*now that's he's calling it quits TWD may as well have the wrap party for cast and crew and be done with it. Game over. Coral, the next generation he was preparing for is gone - OK there's the baby daughter but C'mon... - Maggie's about to go and there's nobody left to take up that main mantel. Carol, a new player not in the comics could have been the spine, but that time has passed IMHO and now she's a kickass parody. Let it die I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I'm still a bit confused why the group was gunning for June. I figured she must have put a bullet in the mother's head or something. I don't think the remaining cast can carry this show for another season.

I don't think the remaining cast can carry this show for another season.
    On mature recollection... :D yeah I have to agree with you SV. The Nick fella leaving/dying was enough, taking her out of the mix was IMHO a big mistake. Sure it's "edgy" and "nobody's safe" and all that shite which seems to be a thing with writers and show runners these days, but it's not particularly good storytelling and it's more than a bit gimmicky. *aside* where the hell do shows like FTWD and especially TWD get these hack writers from? Writers who can clearly write dialogue for the most part, but fail in basic storytelling?*

Nick, Alicia and the Ma were the core, the family heart of the story and should have remained so. Losing one(that they had no choice over) is one thing, the other two could support the main narrative and heart, losing the second soon after(where they made that choice)? Game over, or at least the shark has been jumped. Which is a pity.

*I read an interview with the actress in question and she was unhappy at the direction of it. And I didn't get the impression it was just the losing of a gig. I got the distinct impression she saw it as a mistake the way I do. It does a disservice to the story. God forbid there's a story.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I know they are saying she is dead and she is saying she is dead, but come on, unless you see her brain smashed into the ground then i dont believe anything these dudes say. Glenn was dead, then wasnt. JJ Abrams swore blind cumberbatch wasnt playing kahn.. and was etc. these guys have no issues saying someone is dead then bringing them back. She didnt die on screen so the door is open.

Having said that, if she is dead, i still think the show can go on. Garreth dilahunt is great on it (and in everything he does) and i still think there is a good mix of characters there. I dont think the daughter could carry it on her own though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

So Madison lured the walkers in and just locked herself in,didnt even try to hide?and wtf why did they want to kill June because she ran when the walkers broke through?Absolute rubbish episode and Christ someone kill the woman recording everybodys story.