Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single White Male - Feeling awkward in Public

Options
  • 11-06-2018 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

I'm early 30s and live alone. (And love it)

I have lots of friends, but over the last few weeks I feel a bit awkward in places in public whereby I am alone.

Today for example it was a nice day and I went to the lakes (c. 2km from my house) lots of families and kids about. I was sitting by the car listening to the Dubiln game on the radio, just basically having a lazy Sunday but not stuck inside.

But then I suddenly became very self aware of what direction I was pointing my phone when taking pics of the scenery etc , in case parents thought I was taking pics of their kids and worried about whether looking or staring in the wrong direction might be perceived as werid.

I visit the lakes near my house at least once or twice a week, but usually mid week for lunch & a walk. Now, with summer in flow and throngs of visitors about , I feel like an unwanted blight.

I guess this isn't a question but more a statement , but being a single white male on your own in a public place, can be pretty f*ing daunting!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Suspicion haunts the guilty mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭damianch

Arghus wrote: »
    Suspicion haunts the guilty mind.

Glad you got that comment out of the way first, was expecting it !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

damianch wrote: »
    I'm early 30s and live alone. (And love it)

I have lots of friends, but over the last few weeks I feel a bit awkward in places in public whereby I am alone.

Today for example it was a nice day and I went to the lakes (c. 2km from my house) lots of families and kids about. I was sitting by the car listening to the Dubiln game on the radio, just basically having a lazy Sunday but not stuck inside.

But then I suddenly became very self aware of what direction I was pointing my phone when taking pics of the scenery etc , in case parents thought I was taking pics of their kids and worried about whether looking or staring in the wrong direction might be perceived as werid.

I visit the lakes near my house at least once or twice a week, but usually mid week for lunch & a walk. Now, with summer in flow and throngs of visitors about , I feel like an unwanted blight.

I guess this isn't a question but more a statement , but being a single white male on your own in a public place, can be pretty f*ing daunting!

Whats being white got to do with it? Most people in Ireland in are white last time I checked.

Whats being white got to do with it? Most people in Ireland in are white last time I checked.

It's a play on Single White Female you F'ing Dick

Try me again will you>>>

That the only reason you came??? You sad POS

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Try me again will you>>>

I really am stumped as to why your neighbours would key your car. :rolleyes:

I really am stumped as to why your neighbours would key your car. :rolleyes:

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I am a smart guy. You bother yourself researching me, you either fancy me or you are jealous ..

I feel a lil bit sorry for you darling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

You sad POS..,

you know you can just close your account no?

Really no need to be acting the maggot to try get yourself banned

wexie wrote: »
    you know you can just close your account no?

Really no need to be acting the maggot to try get yourself banned

Acting the maggot ? How ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm early 30s and live alone.

Shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Calling people names. Do you do this in real life or are you just being brave because you're at a keyboard ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

1. Attack the post, never the poster. In other words, don't make it personal. If you wish to debate a topic or rebut a statement, insulting any boards.ie user will only get you in trouble. You are free to have a go a their argument. You are not free to have a go at them.
    2. Don't use text speak. The use of txtspk is strictly forbidden in all forums on boards.
    3. Don't be a dick. In other words, behave yourself. Treat other people with respect, be nice, friendly, rational, and most of all... have fun!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056307178

• Registered Users Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: OP taking a short holiday. Closing the thread as I don't see any good reason for leaving it open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement