Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claim last year, any point shopping around?

Options
  • 10-06-2018 10:46pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I had a claim last year (first ever after 10 years no claims). It was small <3K, and no one was injured, but it was a fault claim on my part.

I have a renewal quote (donkey here didn't include no claims protection so I'm down to 3 years), which is less than a thousand from my existing insurer.

Just wondering is there any point in going through the shopping around for insurance pain? What do ye think?

Thanks a mill
    DK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Shop around if you want but you must disclose so don't be shocked that you will be staying put.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

If you have a partner and he's not already named on the policy, add him. For some reason this can take 20% off a quote.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Shop around if you want but you must disclose so don't be shocked that you will be staying put.

I think the fact that the renewal is only 200 more than last year takes the sting out of this. And not having to fill in all those flipping forms!
    CeilingFly wrote: »
    If you have a partner and he's not already named on the policy, add him. For some reason this can take 20% off a quote.

He's already on it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Some companies won't quote new business if there's a claim in the last X number of years (X can vary too)

Shop around the best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

Yes.

Shopping around is always advisable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement