Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repair of upvc door.

Options
  • 10-06-2018 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

I borrowed a really powerful power washer recently and managed to lift some of the white pvc coating from one of the doors. Is there anything I could touch it up with or repair it with. Door is perfect functionally, just a non white patch that looks terrible.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

tototoe wrote: »
    I borrowed a really powerful power washer recently and managed to lift some of the white pvc coating from one of the doors. Is there anything I could touch it up with or repair it with. Door is perfect functionally, just a non white patch that looks terrible.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Can you put up some photos as PVC should not lift the way you are describing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Would have thought that was the case alright, but unfortunately it has, whatever caused it. I'm blaming the power washer thought, it was an animal of a thing.

I just want to touch it up for now until I can afford to replace it

moGBf8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Would have thought that was the case alright, but unfortunately it has, whatever caused it. I'm blaming the power washer thought, it was an animal of a thing.

I just want to touch it up for now until I can afford to replace it

moGBf8
    Ah ok it's not PVC it is aluminum.all you have done is remove the paint. Get some white paint and maybe a primer and just touch it up.

massy086 wrote: »
    Ah ok it's not PVC it is aluminum.all you have done is remove the paint. Get some white paint and maybe a primer and just touch it up.

Ah ok. That makes more sense. Any reccomendations for paint?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ah ok. That makes more sense. Any reccomendations for paint?
    Thanks

Get spray paint from a motor factors. Look for 'appliance white'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Euro Giant were selling Cans of spray paint the other Day when I was in there, They had White. You would be best to use a Primer first. just Tape uo your Glass first so as you don't give yourself a job of cleaning it off the Glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

sand it, fill it and get a can of Rust-oleum All in One Universal paint. This is both a primer and paint . Apply with a short pile mohair roller. ( Spray would give the best finish but the mohair roller will give the next best thing)

Thanks all for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

//thread highjack

My own up can do or has gone very discoloured and lost it’s lustre totally. Is there a diy product to restore it?

Advertisement