Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DROPPING LEVEL ON DAY OF EXAM?? HOW DO U DO IT??

Options
  • 10-06-2018 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am dropping to ordinary level Irish tomorrow and I am just wondering how do you do it?? I have Maths paper 2 in the morning and I was thinking of just telling the examiner after the maths exam that i want to do the ordinary level irish paper as the exam is at 2pm! Should I do it that way?? Thank you:):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DaleyBlind

Orjoanne wrote: »
    I am dropping to ordinary level Irish tomorrow and I am just wondering how do you do it?? I have Maths paper 2 in the morning and I was thinking of just telling the examiner after the maths exam that i want to do the ordinary level irish paper as the exam is at 2pm! Should I do it that way?? Thank you:):)

Yeah that'd be fine. Or even just before you do the exam you are still able to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭LaLa2004

There won't be a problem but say it anyway at 9am, to put your mind at ease. Best of luck tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Orjoanne

WHAT IF THE EXAMINER SAID I WASNT ALLOWED DROP?? WOULD THAT EVER HAPPEN???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭damianch

WHAT IF THE EXAMINER SAID I WASNT ALLOWED DROP?? WOULD THAT EVER HAPPEN???

No, you can refuse the paper and request the OL paper at your desk . And if any examiner would try refuse you they would be in trouble.

You 100% certain you want to drop it tho?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There will not be an issue, but be very sure you are aware of any differences on the paper. OL is not just 'HL but easier'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

spurious wrote: »
    There will not be an issue, but be very sure you are aware of any differences on the paper. OL is not just 'HL but easier'.

If my memory serves me (And if nothing has changed) Irish pretty is "HL but easier" though....

padser wrote: »
    If my memory serves me (And if nothing has changed) Irish pretty is "HL but easier" though....

Jaysus I thought he messaged back. Hope he does well. Wished I knew him a week ago and could have helped him do Higher Level . Kills me this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Orjoanne

Do I need any letter or anything when im changing levels or do I just tell the examiner and he will sort it out?? Im really confused!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭LaLa2004

No. just say it now before they get busy. Then concentrate on Maths.

LaLa2004 wrote: »
    No. just say it now before they get busy. Then concentrate on Maths.

100% concetrate on Maths (Maths teacher bias)

• Advertisement

Good luck kiddo! and will you come back and tell us how you did! You will do great .. just keep writing and attempt everything. And I mean that , write write write, even if you don't have a clue, write all the stuff you know.

Go get them!

Advertisement