Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your favorite awkward moments?

Options
  • 10-06-2018 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭

I love witnessing people in the troes of awkwardness in all its finest glory. A great phenomenon that transcends space and time. Awkwardness is the most human experience possible

I miss you Silvio, take that Merkel you Europhile, Italy 1 Germany 0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I find it painfully easy to relate to Brian Cowen's body language in this clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭badabing106

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

middle-age-bald-man-eating-a-banana-picture__x16571117.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Whenever I have an awkward moment that makes me cringe, I just think of Sally Field getting the Oscar and then I think my thing wasn't so bad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bop1977

Bertie, the time he showed up in the yellow suit at some international event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

I really enjoy when you walk in the same path as somebody and you both go left then both go right then both go left again.
    Then I say something like “are you trying to dance with me?”

Really makes my day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

People holding the door for me while im a bit away and I then have to do that awkward run/shuffle to get to the door

Edit: and what's worse is if there's more than one door through the corridor and you have say thanks a few different ways for each door they hold for you.

"Thanks.......cheers......nice one.....sound"

I really enjoy when you walk in the same path as somebody and you both go left then both go right then both go left again.

Really makes my day

Oh how we laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 19,214 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Only awkward for the interviewer because it's so obvious that they shouldn't need it pointed out. Sure who wouldn't want a go on Ivanka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Going for a meal with my In-laws is always super awkward but I love it. You see, the FIL is super picky and he's terrified of eating out but would never show it, so he always orders the strangest item from the menu and goes quiet and grumpy because it's not great and up to his expectations even though we could have told him he'd have hated it. It makes everyone super awkward but gives the best laugh afterwards.
    Once he went into a hissy fit in a super fine fish restaurant in Howth because the Calamari weren't having the right temperature for him.

LirW wrote: »
    ......You see, the FIL is super picky and he's terrified of eating out ....

https://youtu.be/YTciDsXWHB4

Most painful to watch news broadcast ever

sexmag wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/YTciDsXWHB4

Most painful to watch news broadcast ever

I'll see your video and I'll raise you this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Hate awkwardness of air kissing/hugs!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

#totesawkymomo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

State of that hash tag should leave you in an awkward moment when you read that again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    State of that hash tag should leave you in an awkward moment when you read that again!

#hashtagpolice
    #middleagedwomantryingtobecool
    #twitterisanadvertising agency
    #ifyouthinkyouknowwhatmakesacoolhashtagyouarejustsomeclappingsealinthecogofconsumerism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

This is gold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

• Advertisement

As is this 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

Nothing will beat this....

Have loved Pat Kenny ever since seeing this moment ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

LirW wrote: »
    Going for a meal with my In-laws is always super awkward but I love it. You see, the FIL is super picky and he's terrified of eating out but would never show it, so he always orders the strangest item from the menu and goes quiet and grumpy because it's not great and up to his expectations even though we could have told him he'd have hated it. It makes everyone super awkward but gives the best laugh afterwards.
    Once he went into a hissy fit in a super fine fish restaurant in Howth because the Calamari weren't having the right temperature for him.

What a super anecdote.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

trying to make a dramatic exit after a row, but you stumble on the way out or forget to bring your essentials with you, hence having to scurry back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭damianch

mad muffin wrote: »

NO! This cannot be true! Not Justin!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Its hard to forget this one. :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭damianch

I used to work just off Oxford Street in London, in an office on Marlyebone High Street. A guy I was mad about said he worked in John Lewis on Oxford Street and said to me to call in after work. So i raced there after work, and he was texting about location etc to meet in the store.

I'd never been in John Lewis before and was more interested in his texts than surroundings.

So there I am in John Lewis. And as I am wandering about mensware and head stuck in phone as I try to navigate the guy in front, I go left, he goes same, I go right he goes same. Me , I say : oh sorry and look up and...... it's a mirror.

But I am in mensware and to what you are thinking next, yes he saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Really makes my day

"Thanks for the dance"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Dennis Pennis was always good at creating intentionally awkward moments :/

Advertisement