Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exterior moulding/achitrave around windows

Options
  • 10-06-2018 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

I would like to add a bit of exterior trim around our windows, similar to this. Would like something simple, flat rectangular borders. Is there a product that we can buy and add it to the existing windows? Alternatively, how would we go about doing it with plaster/ sand/cement? Am I correct in thinking of scratching the surface then building a frame to hold the mix in? I'm sure there's a simpler way I haven't thought of! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Jamerican wrote: »
    I would like to add a bit of exterior trim around our windows, similar to this. Would like something simple, flat rectangular borders. Is there a product that we can buy and add it to the existing windows? Alternatively, how would we go about doing it with plaster/ sand/cement? Am I correct in thinking of scratching the surface then building a frame to hold the mix in? I'm sure there's a simpler way I haven't thought of! :rolleyes:
    Lads doing the external insulation use styrofoam moulds that you just stick on and paint .
    You could get a plasterer to do them out of sand and cement but it wouldn't be a cheap job cos it takes time

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I have something like these, plus a regular window sill.

The combination is fairly awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

There's a new build near me with then in.

They are horrible make the windows look smaller take away from the house and add nothing.

For me they are marmite

Advertisement